❀•Fourteen•❀

A/N:~ Whoop, another Jaemin chapter!! ~♡
•••••

Jaemin sat beside Jeno on the swings at the park. They decided to meet up since they don't get time to hang out alone often, sure they're together at school, but Haechan and Mark are always there to but in and complain about their lives.

Jaemin notices Jeno stretching his hand slightly with a furrowed brow "what, are you growing claws or something, you've been staring at that hand for about ten minutes now" Jeamin says and he grabs Jeno's hand searching for what was capturing his attention so much.

"Owch! Get off!" Jeno hisses as he slaps the younger boys hand away. Jeamin laughs slightly before gripping onto the chain of the swing once more, and rocking forwards and backwards slowly.

"What have you done now? Jacked off too hard?" he laughs shooting the older boy an amused look.

"Wha-No!" Jeno snaps glaring at his friend.
"I had to sit for three hours yesterday and draw pictures for Renjun's little brother" he mutters causing Jaemin to stop swinging.

"You were at Renjun's house?" He asks earning a nod "why?"

"To work on the art project, why else would I be at his house?" He looks up at the younger boy who had a raised brow.

"Maybe you've finally fallen for his charms as I have. It's okay Jeno, we'll get through this together" Jaemin fakes sympathy as he grabs ahold of Jeno's hands causing the boy to yell in pain once again.

"Stop being an idiot" They both laugh for a while until Jaemin lets out a dramatic sigh.

"It's hard loving someone who doesn't love you back".
The younger boy rests his head against the cool metal chain and kept his gaze forward, watching as the trees move slightly in the warm spring breeze.

"Why do you like him so much?" Jeno asks, also adverting his gaze over to the swaying trees.

"Well one, he's beautiful!" Jaemin says only to earn a scoff from his friend "and two...." he hesitates slightly before speaking again "when he compliments my art, he means it. He doesn't compare me to yours, and that doesn't happen often".

Jaemin puts a smile on his face as he turns to his friend "that's why I like him so much hyung, because he doesn't compare me".

A moment of silence passes over the two boys before Jeno decides to speak up "I'm sorry".

"Hm?" Jaemin mumbles, not taking his eyes off of the older boy.

"I'm sorry that you always get compared to me" finally Jeno turned to look at his best friend "honestly Jaemin, you are really talented, and I know how hard you work, you don't deserve to be compared to anyone else." He says and Jaemin can feel himself smile at the words.

"Thank you. It doesn't bother me much anymore to be honest. If im going to be compared to someone I'm glad it's you" he gives Jeno a big toothy smile before scrunching his face up.
"Okay enough with the cringy heart to heart conversations, I don't like em".

"How's your project coming along?" The dark haired boy asks as he starts to swing back and forth.

"Eh it's okay I guess, Felix is pretty good and has most of the project under control so I don't have to do much" he nods turning to his friend who was giving him a look as if to say 'are you serious'.

"Jaemin, you gotta do the work too" Jeno laughs earning an eye roll.

"Why should I, if he's willing and offering to do it all, why should I tell him not to".

Jeno thought better than to lecture him further, when Jaemin had made up his mind, there was no changing it.

"Hyung? Do you think that Donghyuk and Mark will end up dating?" Jaemin asks as he watches Jeno swing higher.

"Haechan would kill you if he heard you call him that" Jeno laughs.

The younger boy shrugs "so, I'll call him what I want".

Jeno starts to slow down the swing so he was back beside his best friend.
"Why'd you ask that?"

"Because if they start dating, and me and Renjun finally start dating, then your going to be all lonely" Jaemin pouts only to earn a glare from the dark haired boy.

"Shut up you idiot" Jeno pushes Jaemin's swing slightly causing the boy to laugh.

"Oh Jeno! Are you offering to push me on the swings?!" The younger boy beams and Jeno shakes his head quickly.

"No I wasn't" he says and Jaemin pouts once again.

"I'll give you my limited edition Chanyeol photo card if you push me" Jaemin gives his best friend a wink and a toothy grin.

"Really?" Jeno mumbles eyeing him and earning a nod from the light haired boy.
He hesitated for a moment before getting of and beginning to push Jaemin.

"Sike! I'd never part with that!" Jaemin yells once he was high enough in the air for Jeno to stop pushing.

"You little brat! This is the last time I ever do anything for you!" Jeno yells in disappoint as he watches Jaemin break out into a fit of giggles.

"Shut up, I know you love me, who couldn't" the younger boy laughs, flipping his nonexistent hair.

Jeno couldn't help but smile "I seriously need to buy you a ladder so you can climb down from that ego of yours" he mutters and he moves to sit on his own swing and move himself higher into the air.

•••••

A/N:~ so this chapter was mainly so you guys could get a better idea of Jaemin and Jeno's relationship, because it's a big part of the story.

Thank you for reading ~♡