Scott POV

I looked at the message I had gotten.

kolusola

Kevin Olusola

I liked his last name, but I didn't really know how to pronounce it. Whatever.

Kolusola: Hey dude, I don't know who you are but I'm trying to make friends and I like your username. Beyonce is not only an obviously great person that I'm a fan of, but the nickname of my cello. I play cello. What do you do?

He seemed cool and all, but that was a whole lot of information I was not prepared for.

Beyoncehoying: Nice to meet you, Kevin. I love to sing and perform. And Beyonce.

kolusola has entered the conversation.

Nice, I could talk to him without waiting minutes in between each message.

Kolusola: Nice. I like performing too, but I don't really do much singing. I've been thinking about starting lessons, though.

Beyoncehoying: You should totally do it. I love it, I'm sure you will too.

Kolusola: Thanks man, I think I will. :)

I wondered if he was being genuine. I've had a lot of problems with fake friends at my school.

My friend Alex said he was always going to be on my side, that he would be my friend unconditionally. When I came out to him, he stopped being my friend, and spread rumors that I had tried to kiss him. That was not true, and I went from being popular to complete outcast. That's when I went on the internet and started talking to Mitch.

Beyoncehoying: You seem like a really cool person.

Kolusola: Ha ha... no. I'm a huge nerd and an outcast at my school.

Kevin didn't seem like he was an outcast at all. He liked music, and he was talented! He seemed really smart, so maybe that's where the nerd came in.

Beyoncehoying: I'm an outcast too. I told my friend I was gay, and then he spread rumors that made me go from popular straight to an outcast.

Kolusola: Maybe we have more in common than we thought.

Kevin was so awesome. "Scott! Come here, it's time for dinner!" I heard my mom's voice echo through my house.

Beyoncehoying: I gtg, Kevin. Talk to you later :)

Kolusola: Bye, Scott!

A/N

For some weird reason, all of my chapters with Scott's POV are really short. I do have an extremely short Mitch chapter later on in the story, so I'll probably combine that with another and not make it its own chapter.