Kevin POV

I woke up to a microwave beeping. I glanced at the kitchen area and saw that Scott and Avi had busied themselves making coffee. I looked over at Esther, who was curled up in my arms. I was startled. Esther was curled up in my arms? She must've come to my bed at night. She looked extremely peaceful, and I didn't want to disturb her.
"Look, Kevin's awake." I heard Scott whisper to Avi.
"Just let him stay there with Esther, they look really cute."
"Okay, yeah."
I rolled my eyes. I did think we looked cute; especially on Esther's side. When we talked in the car, something went off in my brain that told me she was the one I was meant to be with. It's cliche, and cheesy, but it's true. I wanted to ask her out, but I was scared.
Esther slowly opened her eyes. I looked away quickly so she wouldn't see that I was staring at her. "Good morning." She greeted me. She then proceeded to give me a kiss on the cheek. Needless to say, I freaked out inside. Why did she give me a kiss?
I got up out of bed, and saw Scott and Avi, huddled together, giggling like schoolgirls. I playfully punched both of them. Avi gently punched me back.
"You wanna go?" I exclaimed.
He responded by gently tackling me. And there we wrestled, on the floor.
I could hear Scott and Esther laughing. It was a great moment, and it took us away from our current worries of Mitch and the concert. We didn't know how soon he would get better, and it scared us.
I felt Avi's phone buzzing in his pocket.
"Who is it, Kaplan?" Asked Scott.
Avi pulled out his phone, and Esther jokingly shrugged, since she was Kaplan too.
"It's the hospital."
We all froze, except for Avi, who answered the call and began to talk to the doctors.

A/N
Ooh, what are the doctors going to say???
-Mallory