The Truth

Chapter 56

We then continued to ride along, past several walkers around the road before we finally spotted the rest of the group. They were scattered along and had no where they were before Daryl then began to take lead and he drove off with the rest of us following. We did this all the way to Sophia's spot, where we were told to meet. Just then, we finally reached Sophia's spot and spotted Rick, Carl and Hershel all standing around the red truck that they took. We then all began to slowly stop and everyone began to reunite before Alicia stopped me and rushed into my arms. Jason then rushed after, following her towards me and Daryl before looking around and saying...

"Where's mum?" Jason asked.

"I'm sorry J, she didn't make it," I answered.

"She sacrificed herself," Daryl added.

"No. No, oh my god, no," Jason said as he began to cry.

"Come here," I said before embracing him with Alicia.

After a moment of crying, Jason let go and I put Alicia down before hugging Maggie, Beth and Hershel, deeply relieved that they were alive.

"Where's the rest of us?" Daryl asked.

"Shane?" Lori questioned.

Rick shook his head to this, telling us that he was dead.

"Andrea?" Glenn questioned.

"She saved me and then I lost her," Carol answered.

"We saw her go down," T-Dog said.

"Patricia?" Hershel questioned.

"They got her too. Took her right from me. I was- I was holding onto her, daddy. She's just..." Beth said before crying onto Hershel.

After a moment, Beth finally broke from her tears and said...

"What about Jimmy? Did you see Jimmy?" Beth asked.

"He was in the RV. It got overrun," Rick answered.

Beth then continued to cry before Carol said...

"You definitely saw Andrea?" Carol asked.

"There were walkers everywhere," Lori answered.

"Did you see her?" Carol asked.

"I'm gonna go back," Daryl said as he headed for his bike.

"No," Rick said, stopping him immediately.

"We can't just leave her," Daryl said.

"We don't even know if she's there," Lori said.

"She isn't there. She isn't. She's somewhere else or she's dead. There's no way to find her," Rick said.

"So we're not even gonna look for her?" Glenn asked as a walker approached us.

"We gotta keep moving. There's gonna be walkers will be crawling all over here. Skye, can you take care of that?" Rick asked, referring to the walker.

"Sure," I answered before getting my boomerang out and throwing it at the walker.

It dropped down dead instantly before I caught the boomerang and re-joined the rest of the group.

"I saw we head East," T-Dog said.

"Stay off the main roads. The bigger the road, thee more walkers, the more assholes like that one," Daryl said, referring to the one I just killed.

We then all got back into the cars, leaving the blue truck behind and putting my motorbike in the back of my car so I could stay with Jason and Alicia. On our way along the road, Jason was quiet as I drove and I began to wonder whether he was mad at me for mum. I felt like it was. It was my fault. I promised him and I had broke that promise. Eventually, I broke the silence.