Continuing Our Search For Merle

Chapter 12

After a few moments of Daryl looking at his brother's hand, he finally turned around and pointed his crossbow at T-Dog. However, as he done this, Rick pulled his gun on Daryl. They stood there for a moment in that position before Rick said...

"I won't hesitate. I don't care if every walker in the city hears it," Rick said.

"Put the crossbow down Daryl. Please," I said.

Daryl stood there tearing up a little before finally putting the crossbow down. Once he did this, Rick then put away his gun.

"You got a two rag or something?" Daryl asked T-Dog.

T-Dog then took one out of his pocket before handing it to Daryl. After Daryl received it, he put it on the floor beside Merle's hand before saying...

"I guess the saw blade was too dull for the handcuff," Daryl said as he picked Merle's hand up and put it on the two rag.

Daryl then began to fold the rag over the hand before putting it in Glenn's backpack.

"He must have used his belt. Be much more blood if he didn't," Daryl said.

We then began to follow the blood trail along the roof before entering another set of stairs that lead all the way to the bottom of the building.

"Merle? You in here?" Daryl asked as he called for his brother.

We continued down until we reached the bottom. Once we got down there, a walker was there just wondering around before Daryl shot it with his crossbow before he reclaimed his arrow. We then all went around, looking for Merle before we spotted two dead walkers.

"Had enough in him to take out these son-of-a-bitches. One handed. Toughest asshole I've ever met, my brother," Daryl said.

"Any man can pass out from blood loss, no matter how tough he is," Rick said before we continued to walk on.

"Merle?" Daryl called.

"We're not alone here, remember?" Rick asked.

"Screw that. He could be bleeding out, you said so yourself," Daryl said.

Just then, we spotted a lot of blood around a stove.

"What's that burn stuff?" Glenn asked.

"Skin. He cauterised himself," Rick answered.

"Told you he is tough. Nobody can kill Merle but Merle," Daryl said.

"Don't take that on faith, he's lost a lot of blood," Rick said.

"Yeah?, it didn't stop him from bursting out this death trap," Daryl said as we walked over to a smashed window.

"He left the building?, why the hell would he do that?" Glenn asked.

"Same reason we all would, I guess. He thought he was alone and that nobody was coming back for him. Would you really just sit around and wait to die of blood loss?" I asked.

"Guess not," Glenn answered.

"He's doing what he's got to do. Surviving," Daryl said.

"You call that surviving?, just wondering out in the streets, maybe passing out. What is his odds out there?" T-Dog asked.

"No worse then we being handcuffed and let to rot by you sorry pricks. You couldn't kill him, ain't so worried about some dumb, dead, bastard," Daryl said.

"What about a thousand dumb, dead, bastards?, different story?" Rick asked.

"Why don't you take a tally? Do what you want, I'm going to get him," Daryl said as he got ready to leave.

All of a sudden, Rick used his hand to stop Daryl.

"Daryl," Rick said as pushed Daryl back.

"Get your hand off me. You can't stop me," Daryl said.

"I don't blame you. He's family, I get that. I went through hell to fine mine, I know exactly how you feel. He can't get far with that injury, we could help you check a few blocks around but only if we keep a level head," Rick said.

"I can do that," Daryl said.

"Only if we get those guns first. I'm not strolling the streets with just my good intentions, okay?" T-Dog asked.

"Okay," Rick answered.

After saying this, Glenn then began to tell us the plan on how to get the guns...