Escape

Chapter 26

After a minute or two had past, the boys began to try and break the door down with axes while everyone else began crying. I continued to looked around me and knew what I had to do. I began to walk over with Alicia but as I did, Daryl went for Jenner's head. Everyone then stopped him before they all began to sit around, trying to figure out what to do while I continued to walk forward with Alicia. Once I was barely a few metres away from Jenner, I sat Alicia down with our bags next to Carl and Lori before Carol said...

"This isn't right. You can't just keep us here," Carol said as she cried, stopping me from walking for a moment.

"One tiny moment. A millisecond. No pain," Jenner said.

"My daughter doesn't deserve to die like this," Carol said.

Shane then walked over to the door while I began to reach into my boot before grabbing my knife and saying...

"She's right. None of us deserve to die this like," I said.

All of a sudden, I ran over with the knife before holding it against his throat. Everyone then looked over at me and knew that I wasn't messing around before I said...

"Now, open the door," I told Jenner.

"Skye, this isn't how we should handle the situation," Rick said.

"No, it isn't. But this is what it's come to. I don't plan on hurting him, I just want the door opened," I said.

I then looked back at Jenner before saying...

"Now, open the door!" I yelled.

"I'm gonna die either way so you might as well do it," Jenner said.

"True. Very true, but you want a painless death, right? Well I assure you, that your death will be very long and painful if you don't let us out right now. Now, open the door!" I yelled again.

"Put the knife down Skye!" Rick yelled.

"Not until he lets us out," I said.

"If I let you out, what does that mean?" Jenner asked.

"It means we have a choice," Lori answered.

"Let us out now!" I yelled.

"I can't do that," Jenner said.

"Do it!" I yelled.

"I can't," Jenner said.

"Skye put the knife down!" Rick ordered.

I immediately removed the knife from Jenner's neck in anger, put it back in my boot and walked off with Alicia following behind, beginning to try and break the door with and axe with Daryl. As I did this, the others began talking to Jenner. After some good moments of hitting the door, Jenner finally opened it and I picked up my bags before we all waited for the others to come.

"Come on!" Daryl yelled.

After saying this everyone began running to the door and down the hall. I watched as several people of the group passed before Jacqui told us she was staying. We did all we come but, she wouldn't move. Once this happened, Andrea told us she was staying as well. We all tried to get her to move before Dale told us to go while he spoke with her. We then all began running before heading up the stairs and up to the top floor. We then began trying to open the door, break the windows, but nothing was working. Right until, Carol got a bob out of her bag and handed it to Rick. Rick then set it off near a window while we rushed for cover. Rick then rushed over to us before it exploded and we began climbing out of the window.

As we got out, we saw several walkers around and we all began killing them as we ran down the street and towards our cars. We then continued to run before we all got in the cars. Daryl and Alicia sat in the car while I began putting the bags in my car before, just then, I saw Dale and Andrea climbing out the window. I watched as they rushed over to us before I got in my car as I knew the explosion was going to happen. Once I was in, we all got down for cover while the explosion happened.

Once it was over, Daryl and I looked up in relief that we made it out alive before we started up the car and followed the others out of this place and away from the CDC...