The Plan

Chapter 35

After the funeral was over, some of us began gathering around a truck, talking about finding Sophia and Caroline while Maggie walked over with a map.

"How long's this girl been lost?" Hershel asked.

"This would be day three," Rick answered as Maggie reached us.

"County survey map," Maggie said, laying the map out on the hood of the car.

"This is perfect, we can finally get this thing organized. Grid the whole area and start searching in teams," Rick said.

"Not you, not today. You gave three units of blood, you wouldn't be hiking five minutes in this heat before passing out," Hershel said to Rick.

I then watched as he turned to Shane before saying...

"And your ankle, push it and hell you would be laid up a month. No good to anybody," Hershel said.

"Guess it's just me and Skye. We're gonna head back to the creek, work our way from there," Daryl said.

"I can still be useful. Drive up to inner state, see if Sophia wondered back," Shane said.

"Keep your eyes open for Caroline too. You remember what she looks like, right?" I asked Shane.

"Yeah, I remember," Shane answered.

"Alright, tomorrow then. We'll start doing this right," Rick said.

"That means we can't have our people out there with just knives. They need the gun training we've been promising," Shane said.

"I prefer you not carrying around guns on my property. We've made it so far without turning this into an armed camp," Hershel said.

"All the respect, it's pretty crowded in here and if one of them things came in here-" Shane said before Rick interrupted him.

"We're guests here. This is your property and we will respect that," Rick said before laying his gun on the table and Shane did the same.

I stood there for a moment, looking at their guns but leaving mine with me. I wasn't gonna shoot anyone but I wasn't giving them up for nobody.

"First things first, set camp, find Sophia and Caroline," Rick said.

"I hate to be the one to ask but somebody's got to. What happens if we find them and their bit? How do we handle that?" Shane asked.

"You do what has to be done," Rick answered.

"No, you don't. Not to my sister anyway," I said.

"Skye-" Rick said before I interrupted him.

"If my sister is- if my sister is bit, you leave it to me. I'll take care of it, but I tell you this now, there will be nothing to deal with because she's going to be fine... and so will Sophia," I said before walking off.

After walking off, I then walked over to the house. Once I finally reached it, I saw Helen walk out with Gavin before they spotted me and stopped where they was.

"We were just- we were just getting some fresh air," Helen said.

"Fine. Just keep your air to yourself and away from my daughter," I said.

They nodded before walking off until just then, I heard a voice from behind me.

"You okay?" the person asked and I instantly detected it was Daryl.

"Yeah," I answered before turning around to see him.

"Who were they?" Daryl asked.

"Helen and Gavin," I answered, knowing instantly that Daryl was going to be pissed.

"Wait a minute. Helen and Gavin?, as in your mum and your stepdad? The stepdad who raped you and the mum who watched as you were abused by both him and your dad?" Daryl questioned as he begun to raise his voice.

"Yes," I answered.

"Why the hell is he alive?, why are they still alive?" Daryl yelled.

"I tried to. I came so close to killing him but, they stopped me. Rick, Shane and Helen. They didn't want me to kill him. They said that we don't kill the living," I answered.

"Yeah, well a rapist isn't living. Not this one anyway," Daryl said before getting ready to walk off.

I instantly stopped him by grabbing his arm and turning him to face me once again.

"I want him dead too. He will be dead. They both will, but for now, I need to await my moment. I don't trust them, either one but I need to wait. I need to find the perfect moment where I can make them both suffer," I explained.

"I'll help," Daryl said.

"In the meantime, Alicia will be staying away from the house. She will not sleep in there, at all," I said.

"I agree," Daryl said.

"Now, lets go and look for Sophia and Caroline," I said.

Daryl nodded before we walked across the field and into the woods, heading back to the creek so we could search for Sophia and Caroline...