<9> The past...

Guys!! I am going update a lot now because my exams are coming and I would forget about this for a while :) but still, ISN'T THAT GOOD??? So basically I'll update a few more chapters and go on a hiatus. Add my book to your library to stay updated!!
-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

"Do you know who my parents are?" Jaebum said, playing with Youngjae's fingers. They were cuddling on Jaebum's bed. Youngjae shook his head.

"Mdm Park Hongjae is my mother and-"

"Im Jungho..." Youngjae said, eyes wide.

Im Jungho is famous in korea. He is the current president of Im corporation. And he has two wives. Park Hongjae... Is the second wife and Im yoonji, the first. Im corporations wanted to work with the Chois' but Youngjae's father declined. Youngjae remembered his father telling him about the corrupted company, telling Youngjae to be careful and not become like them. But that was all he knew about the Ims.

"He never really liked my mother, it was a one night stand, but my Mum had me. My mother was actually the sister of one of their business partners, so Im Jungho conveniently had a second marriage. Luckily the first wife was nice. She understood the kind of person my father was and didn't put the blame on my mother. So she made sure Jungho took care of me. I was only 4 when all that drama happened. I barely understood anything... So, my mother and I were allowed to live in their house. My mother was considered the lady of the house and Yoonji treated her well. But people always looked down on us. I have an elder sister, Im yoona. She was like a princess and she was really nice to me. Life was okay..."

(flashback)
15-year-old Jaebum, 18-year-old Yoona.
"Jaebum-ah, Father wants to talk to you," Yoona unnie called me.

"What for?" I said closing my dark blue diary.

"I'm not sure, it seems pretty serious though, he was waving around an envelope and told me to hurry," Yoona shrugged and walked off while scrolling through her phone, humming some song.

I sighed. Father rarely talked to me in person, and when he would, nothing good was up. It was like he hated me. I excelled in everything hoping to get a tiny compliment, but he always looked at Yoona only.

I knocked on the door twice (knock knock knock knock knock on my door* okay sorry I'm out!) before entering.

"Jaebum, you have been performing well in school." My eyes lit up at the first compliment I received since I stepped into the household. "I'm sending you to korea."

What? I-I...

"Alone?"

"Yes. We will be expanding the company into korea soon so I will be sending you over for some publicity."

Of course... I'm just a pawn to him... always.

"We'll show the world how capable the Im family is. Don't stir up any trouble. Even though you are still young, I will warn you. No relationships. We already have someone in mind for you. Just study and do well." Father gave me an envelope before clapping his hands together. "Here's your flight ticket and passport. You will leave tomorrow morning. I suppose you don't have many friends anyway, but I will allow you to go out for today." He flashed a fake smile at me.