<20> I'm Back

The performance was immediately called off when Jaebum ran across the stage to catch Youngjae. Unfortunately, he was the only one who noticed Youngjae's condition so when Youngjae suddenly fell, no else reacted in time.

Youngjae fell to the ground with a loud thud, his microphone creating a loud screeching sound as it hit the floor. He felt his senses slowly leaving him just when Jaebum dropped to his knees beside the injured boy.

"Youngjae?! Youngjae!" He shouted, gently holding the other boy's head to his chest.

The staff were frantically rushing around, some asking for instructions while others started carrying out their emergency tasks.

The got7 members had their eyes wide open at the sight in front of them. Yugyeom quickly ran to the backstage to get his phone, just then Jamie passes by him and shouts at him over the chaos to call his parents since she is calling the hospital already.

The Venue was in a state of panic. Fans are crying, security guards are shouting, staff are running and in the middle of that chaos, Jaebum watches Youngjae with all the hope in his eyes that he will be alright.

He's okay, It's just exhaustion! He'll be fine... He told himself.

Soon, the paramedics rushed in and lifted youngjae onto a stretcher. Jaebum followed them into the ambulance along with Jinyoung. He held Youngjae's hand throughout the ride and Jinyoung was there to comfort Jaebum...

CYJ POV

"Why didn't you stop? Why?" I heard a female voice sob.

I hear light footsteps approaching me...

Mum? Where are you? I was in complete darkness but i could feel my senses slowly coming back to me. I took in the refreshing scent of the air, finally feeling my surroundings. I started to feel the cold bed sheet under my fingers and suddenly, the screeching of a chair sounded.

"He moved... He moved! Call the doctor!" I heard my mum's voice as she shouted and loud and fast footsteps sounded. All the sounds were still very soft to me and I couldn't yet hear clearly.

"Sweetie?" I felt my mum lean towards me and I try to open my eyes, but they won't budge.

"If you can hear me, please move your fingers again..." she asked and I complied focusing on my hand and I held it up.

Why is moving a finger so difficult now??

"He's awake?" I hear the loud banging of a door followed by Jaebum's voice.

"B-bum..." I muttered out weakly when I felt him walk closer.

"Yes? Yes Youngjae?" He said, taking my hand from my Mother. "Oh thank god, you are okay!" He said pressing the back of my hand to his forehead.

"I don't know what I'd do without you..."I heard him sniff and imagined the sight of him tearing up beside me.

Soon, someone else called out to me.

"Hello Youngjae? I am Dr Park, please wave if you can hear me."

I waved again, mentally rolling my eyes Cus I just did the same for my Mother a while ago and even that is energy consuming.

"Good, can you open your eyes?" He asked and I tried again, this time succeeding a little. I opened my eyes just enough o see the light and two heads in my view.

The doctor smiled widely and brought a picture in front of me. He then asked me a few questions and I did my best to answer him.

"Good job, Youngjae!" He said before turning to my mother. "Congratulations, It looks like he'll be alright. As you know, his condition is due to exhaustion and stress so he can be discharged the day after tomorrow. I will prescribe some medicine and give him a medical certificate to excuse him from school for 2 weeks. When he feels better I suggest you bring him out to destress too. For now, my nurses will keep an eye on him and make sure he can recover well," the doctor said as I lay there with my eyes closed.

I did catch a glimpse of the people in the room, my 6 friends, mother, a nurse and the doctor, when the doctor was questioning me.

Why am I here? Right, I fell on stage...

The showcase... The showcase!

"Showcase!" I said weakly in a panicked tone and I opened my eyes wide, trying to get up too.

"Shh... call down Jae. Calm down..." Jaebum's soothing voice filled my ears as he rubbed my shoulder and slowly laid me down again.

"It doesn't matter now, I need you to rest. Okay?" He said, stroking my head gently and locking our gazes.

No... No, no please... Don't tell me.....

I ruined it...

All because of me, the comeback failed.

"Baby, don't blame yourself for falling sick... I am so sorry I didn't take care of you... Health before all else... The comeback doesn't matter, okay?" He said, comforting me. He always had his way of finding out what I thought, even when I don't say anything.

Just then, I heard someone clearing his throat and I look to that direction.

"Ahem, Uhm... Good news is that our Music Video is #15 on most music charts...?" the way jackson delivered the news came out as a question as if he was unsure whether it was the right time.

I smiled at the news and calmed down. Our previous music video didn't even make it to the top 50 on any charts!

"Okay boys, I know you are all excited, but Youngjae needs some space now, okay? Can I just have one person stay?" The Dr. Park said.

The all heaved a disappointed sigh before filing out of the room, leaving just Jaebum and my mother. After awhile, I felt a little stronger so I tried to sit up in the bed. Jaebum helped me get up.

"Sweetie, you must be hungry... What do you want to eat? I'll go get it." Mother offered as she made her way to the coffee table where she left her bag. I actually had no appetite, so I just looked at her. Maybe I was weak or perhaps I was just lazy, but I didn't want to open my mouth. When i get hungry, though... I'm thinking of getting sushi... been craving that forever, to be honest.

"Let me guess..." Jaebum started, "Soba Noodles? Or sushi...? California Maki, how bout' that?" He said with one hand on his chin and the other pointing up, then he gave me a cheeky wink.

I shook my head to express a 'no', but my stomach betrayed me, making a loud rumbling sound. I winced in embarrassment and then looked up at them, smiling and sheepishly nodding.

Mother gave me a knowing smile and bid her goodbye, leaving to get dinner for the three of us.

"You know me so well," I stated to Jaebum.

"Can't blame me for loving you so much..." He said as he sat beside me, pinching my cheeks.

His smile faded into a sad expression as his palm rested on my cheek.

"Please, don't push yourself so hard, ever again... It hurts to see you so weak like this..."

I saw the expression he was giving me, and couldn't help but to smile and lean into his touch, nodding as I did. He finally broke into a smile and snaked his arms around me, hugging me tightly. Just then, I remembered something... I haven't asked what time it is...

"What day and time is it now?" I asked, pulling out of the hug.

"Monday, 7pm... You were out for 2 whole days..."

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

Hope everyone is doing well! :) <3<3<3

Word count: 1220