<15> Welcome Home

The silent car ride came to a stop and Jinyoung got out, opening the door for youngjae. Ah... I was daydreaming again...Youngjae thought

"Come on, we're here." Youngjae stepped out and saw his house. The highest one in the neighbourhood standing alone. Separated from the others by the large garden surrounding it. So that's what it looks like to have a higher status? Alone and unreacheable...?

-x-x-x-x-x-

Jaebum was fast asleep on youngjae's study table oblivious to the two who just reached the house, walking straight pass the rose bushes and toward the front door. He sat there eyeing the gate for the past 3 hours even though he did get jet-legged from the flight.

However, he heard the footsteps and chatter getting louder and stirred from his sleep. He immediately woke up remembering that it could be Youngjae and shot up.

"I'll get you some clothes and bring you to the guest room. Jackson claimed the biggest one already haha. It doesn't even look like a guest room now. Feels like he has been staying there for 10 years."

... *step step step*

"His stuff just piles up day by day, he even has a keyboard and recording corner in his room now!" Youngjae explained.

Jaebum stared at the door anticipating his reunion with the boy he loves hundreds of questions and scenarios running through his head. How will he react to all this? What will he say? 'I'm sorry I was caught up in-' nah that's not right...

"Sorry for intruding..." Jinyoung spoke.

"Nah nah, It's totally fine! I've been feeling lonely anyways, It's nice having a friend over." Youngjae said in a happy tone. For some reason Jaebum's heart dropped. Maybe because he was sorry. Maybe because he knew he was the reason youngjae was lonely. Maybe because he knew he might have to let him down again.

Youngjae happily turned the door knob, thinking he could finally have a good night's sleep after letting it all out and throwing the package off his shoulders after so long.

"Tomorrow we can-" Youngjae cuts himself off as he spots Jaebum standing in the middle of his unnecessarily big room. His hand was still on the doorknob as he eyed Jaebum up and down. He noticed Jaebum was wearing a oversized black hoodie and blue jeans. Jaebum, too, couldn't pry his eyes off of Youngjae, but he only stared at the other boy's eyes in fear of being rejected. Jinyoung finally looked up and his eyes widened seeing Jaebum there. He didn't think he would be back so soon.

Youngjae found himself lost for words. His heart ached again, threatening to pull him out of that spot, that room, that house. Which is what he did. He shut the door almost hesitantly , with wide eyes, turning to look at jinyoung,

"Wait-!" Jaebum tried to protest as he watched youngjae step out of his own room and shut the door. He ran towards it, weakly pressing his fist to the door and leaning his forehead against the wall. "Please..." he breathed out softly.

"Hyung, it's getting worse... I'm starting to hallucinate," Youngjae said, turning back to look at the door.

"Youngjae... I'm right here... please let me explain everything. I will tell you everything. I am so sorry. There's only been trouble when I'm around. I am sorry you are so hurt because of me. I am sorry for being selfish and-"

"I can even hear him..." youngjae cut him off softly in disbelief as he held on tighter to the door knob so that the door won't be able to open. He didn't want to open it. He thought, maybe it wasn't real, what if he ran up to that 'thing' for a hug and it just disappears again? Then, he'd really need to be in a mental hospital. For what? A boy? That's a shit move.