<18> Nightmares

Youngjae's POV

I opened my eyes, finding myself in a restaurant with 5 of my friends.

"Youngjae? What do you think?" Jinyoung asked, smiling widely, a little too excitedly that it was weird coming from the Jinyoung I knew.

"What? Sorry, I spaced out," I replied.

"Oh we were talking about your wedding! How can the vip space out!!??" Bambam exclaimed.

Wedding? I shot him a confused expression. With... Jaebum?

"Lmao imagine what your fiance would think if you forgot haha!" Mark joked. Mark participating in conversations now?

Somehow I felt tired, and my mind was buffering slowly, still trying to take in the peculiar situation.

"Oooh! Speak of the devil!" Jackson said, clapping his hands together as he nodded to my back.

Jaebum?

I turned around, getting the shock of my life. An unknown man pointing a gun to Jaebum's head. Jaebum smiled at me as if no one was behind him and I felt my eyes grow wide at the horrifying scene. Fear consumed me as I watched the man with the gun. He wore a black suit and had a pair of sunglasses on, so I didn't know if he was looking at me.

I slowly got up holding out my hands, hoping that I wouldn't agitate the man.

"Jae? You okay?" Jaebum asked, taking my hand and rubbing circles with his thumb in attempt to calm me down.

Does he not know?

I try to open my mouth to speak, but no words come out.

"It's okay Jae. We can face any problems toge-"

*BANG*

The loud bang of the gunshot echoed in my head as I watched Jaebum's eyes open wide in a shocked expression and fall to the ground in slow motion.

NO! I shouted in my head. No no no no... Jaebum?

I collapsed beside his body and looked at his lifeless body. No... This can't be real... 

But it felt too real...

I reached forward to place my hand on Jaebum's shoulder. I saw no bullet wound, no blood, just the lifeless pale body of my lover. I moved my hand up towards the exposed neck. It was cold.

It is not real... Youngjae, snap out of it! A voice in my head said, still, all I could do was pull Jaebum closer and hug his muscular frame, hoping, wishing, longing, for his warmth to return.

Youngjae? I said snap out of it! The voice shouted again, and this time it was awfully familiar. I love you. Youngjae, come back to me!

Jaebum...

-x-x-x-x-x-

"AH!" I shouted and my eyes suddenly shot open. I looked to my side and Jaebum was there with a worried expression. He held my hand tightly with both hands. I panicked and my eyes shot to look if there was anyone behind him. Realising I really woke up and that there was no one behind him, I heaved a huge sigh and plopped down back into my soft bed. The room was warm and I was sweating profusely.

My fingers played with Jaebum's hand as I closed my eyes again, relieved that he is safe.

"Is the air conditioner on?" I asked weakly, still recovering from the nightmare.

"Yes, baby..." he paused and I felt him lean closer. "Are you okay? What happened."

"I had a nightmare, I'm okay now. It's fake anyways," I opened my eyes to look at him. He had his hair pulled back, make up all done and was wearing a black leather Jacket. "Went somewhere?" I asked.