<13> Trouble

"Youngjae-ah why did you have to do this? Do you know how difficult it is to deal with Mr Park? And now he wants to file a lawsuit against you! For theft?!" Uncle complained, grabbing his hair in frustration while pacing across his office.

I sat on the leather couch, shifting a little every minute. I was caught trying to 'steal' student documents. It's been a week since Jinyoung and I made the agreement. The plan was to observe the school staff for 2 weeks and then sneak into the admin office to check files.

Every day I woke up hoping that Jaebum would come back, but it's been 5 months... just when I was starting to lose hope Jinyoung came and pulled me up. He kept on telling me that Jaebum would be back, as if he's seen the future.

"Sorry Uncle... I really won't do it again... My friend, Jaebum, left without a word and I need to know why, and where he is now."

"Im... Jaebum?" He stopped to look at me with a confused expression. He seemed like he knew something so I shot up.

"Yes! You know? Where is he? Is he okay? Why is he gone? When is he coming back?" I went to him and pulled on his arm.

"I... I don't. But I know he is gone. He is no longer in Korea, at least." He turned away quickly and returned to his desk.

"You know something don't you?!" I almost shouted.

"Don't make a ruckus in school, go get something to eat and return to class. I'll do what I can about Mr. Park. If I fire him he'll probably destroy our school's reputation... that little-"

"Don't change the subject." I cut him off harshly hitting the desk in front of him with both my hands.

"I don't know." He looked me in the eye, hypnotizing me to believe him.

I heaved a sigh in defeat and backed away glaring at my Uncle.

"Thanks, bye." I didn't forget to greet him before dashing out of the office. I walked quickly towards the cafeteria thinking about what my Uncle could be hiding from me.

Just then I heard quick heavy footsteps behind me before someone grabbed my shoulder and pulled me around.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, he said he'll do something about it. Mr. Park is making things difficult for him. Also, I think he knows something about Jaebum." I updated him.

"Sorry I should have been caref-" Jinyoung apologized.

"Don't be. We have to find a way to get Jaebum back. It's been 5 months since he disappeared without telling anyone. If you were right about his Father taking him, he should be in America right now..." I trailed "hope he's doing fine..." I looked down at the floor worriedly.

I felt a hand rubbing my back as Jinyoung comforted me.

"Soon, he'll be back soon."

There was a moment of silence as I thought about everything.

Why am I spending so much effort to meet Jaebum? He didn't even tell me he was leaving. It's like he doesn't care. For so long I have been missing him without a single clue as to where he is. Maybe he's left for good. Maybe he's having so much fun that he's forgotten about me...

"Come on! Let's go out!" Jinyoung slapped my back jokingly. "Stop thinking about that man for a while, time will pass much quicker, and before you know it, he and you will be k- i- s- s- i- n- g!" He laughed and took my hand, pulling me along with him to the school gates.

He stopped at a corner before the Guards could spot us and took out his phone dialing a number.

"Yugyeom? Please bring Youngjae's bags home after school. I'll be bringing him out for a while okay?... yeah... bye!"