<11> Operation FIJB

Youngjae went to school on his own for the first time in forever. For the past few weeks, he would always wake up to find Jaebum at his doorstep or already in his house. Mr and Mrs Choi knew of their relationship and had nothing against it. They knew him as Jaebum, not as part of the Im family.

Youngjae and Jaebum would always walk to the B'chill cafe near Jaebum's house and have breakfast, after that, one would leave early and go to school so that they won't look suspicious and cause a scandal... that'd be bad. Youngjae stepped out of the black limo that he hadn't used every morning for quite a while. He spotted Bambam and Yugyeom a distance in front of them...

HOLDING HANDS!!!

Yugyeom was pulling bambam along, grinning widely. Bambam seemed to reluctantly follow behind him, but he simply looked flustered. Just then, Yugyeom stopped walking, turning to face Bambam, totally oblivious of Youngjae. Youngjae tried his best to listen in on their conversation from behind a tree far away.

"It's embarrassing! What if people talk bad about us?" Bambam confessed.

"So what if they talk, will you hate me then?"

"I-" Bambam blushed, looking down. "No... Of course I still love you..."

I had enough of the cheesiness so guess what I did.

I ran over to them, one arm around each of their shoulders, tackling them.

"You." I pointed to Yugyeom. "My brother, have a lot of explaining to do."

"And you..." I looking at Bambam. "*sigh* finally." I facepalmed mentally.

I've been waiting for this couple for ages to be honest... I am tired of third wheeling a non official couple.

"Oh... Youngjae hyung..." Yugyeom said, surprised. "I thought you'd be with Jaebum in class already..."

"What were you doing to my dear friend?" I pointed an accusing finger at yugyeom.

"I... I just wanted to walk to school while holding his hands..." yugyeom paused for a bit, still holding onto Bambam's sleeve. "So that people know he's taken..." he mumbled, just loud enough for us to hear.

"Awww i love you guys so much. Life is good..." I said as i pulled the two of them to class along with me while they reluctantly told me everything that happened last night at bambam's house. Damn they nasty...

"WHAT?!" I shouted, just to get slapped on both sides.

"WhooooOOoo TTOOooOOPped" I whisper shouted just to get slapped again.

"Ugh hyung, go look for your dear jaebum alreadyyy, you third-wheeling light bulb." Yugyeom whined and pulled bambam to his other side and then running away.

"HEY! USE PROTECTION!" I shouted and they ran even faster.

I laughed, entering my classroom. I immediately searched for Jaebum, longing for his presence.

But he never came.

Not that day...

Not the next day.

Or the day after.....

.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

He's been absent for a week. I called him thousan- no, maybe even millions of times. I went to his house with my spare key, nothing changed, but he wasn't there.

I went to the cafe every morning, hoping I'd bump into him.

No, he's gone...

Another 2 weeks passed. I would go to the cafe every 2 days... unfortunately... He never came.

I slumped down on my table, now Yugyeom was sitting beside me. My thoughts trailed, that was the seat Jaebum used to sit.

Saying I was sad was a understatement. I felt disappointed, sad, angry, confused, desperate but still hopeful. He wouldn't just leave me like that...

I walked down the corridor. The world didn't matter to me at the moment. People were shouting, laughing, doing all kinds of weird stuff around me. But all of that became the background noise to my thoughts. They screamed at me loud and clear.

Where the fuck is he?

I want him back.

Jaebum where are you.

Come back... please.

Idiot...

Just then, I bumped into somebody. We both fell on the floor with a loud thud, on our butts. He got up first, dusting himself and apologising, then reaching out a hand to help me get up. I didn't hear anything and I didn't want to look up. I didn't want to be disappointed that it was Jaebum.

"Hello? Youngjae-ah... Are you okay?" the voice rang in my head. No... It is not Jaebum... I heaved a huge sigh and looked up at the boy, taking his hand and thanking him.

"Are you... Okay?" Jinyoung asked carefully as my nose started itching and my eyes watered.

"Y-yes... No... I..." I started, unable to finish my sentence. Jinyoung immediately engulfed me in a hug, caressing my head softly.

"Don't worry... He'll be back... Trust me..."

"H-he's gone... I-I... can't find... him..." I choked out.

Jinyoung patted my back to comfort me.

Did I get trolled? Does Jaebum really love me? No. He doesn't... that's why he's gone...

"Shh... Don't cry. It's okay... He'll be back. Maybe he just went on a vacation for a month..."

I tried to calm myself down, realising I was the cause of jinyoung's soaked sweater. Just then, I realised Jinyoung might know where Jaebum was.

"Y-you... You know where he is, don't you?"

"No. I don't, but I know he'll be back. You have to trust him."

"Why is he gone?"

"He..." Jinyoung started explaining. He said Jaebum's father was spotted in Seoul a few weeks ago. He might be why Jaebum is gone. That said, Jinyoung himself doesn't know exactly why.

Jinyoung brought me to a quiet corner of the school to avoid unnecessary rumours about me spreading.

"Hey," I looked at jinyoung as he called.

"Let's try to Find Im Jae Bum** together. The fact that he didn't even get to tell me about this means his father was definitely forcing him to do something."

"Yes!" I didn't even hesitate but then realised I have no idea where to start.

"Let's start by checking whether he is still a registered student here." He smartly suggested.

I answered with a nod.

...

...

...

...

"Who knew it'd be that difficult..." *sigh*

Jinyoung and I were squatting outside my Uncle's office. I nicely asked for information and he said it was classified and then said he didn't know anything either. BUT! I saw with my own eyes that he was reading a document with Jaebum's name in it before we entered the room! It even had Jaebum's profile picture at the top right hand corner of the document! I started grabbing my hair in frustration.

"Looks like he got paid..." Jinyoung commented. That's right, my Uncle actually has a screwed personality. He was extra protective of his family members... but when it came to money, he can't lose a cent!... unless losing it led to a dollar...

Suddenly, Jinyoung jumped up as if a light bulb lit in his head.

"How about..." He looked to me with glowing eyes, one finger up.

Oh boy... what is he plotting...

.
.
.