<29> Amnesia

My head stirred as my senses started to kick in. I felt the cold air as a fan blows toward my face, a tinge of jasmine in the air, most probably from the air freshener, and of course the warmth of the soft bed I laid in. Instinctively, I opened my eyes with much difficulty, trying to make out what situation I am in.

A fluffy bed, nice elegant decor, a huge tv... This is not my room though... A hotel?

No.

I look to my side just to find a IV bag hung on a metal stand, the thin tube connected to my arm.

Hospital...

I felt warmth on my left side and mustered all my energy to lift my body from the pillow, eyes never leaving the body lying on my right with both his hands holding on to mine tightly.

"Excuse me?" I asked softly, but did not get a reply. He must be really tired...

As I looked to the side of my bed, I saw a bouquet of purple hyacinths, and a note. I followed my instincts and reached out to get the note.

"No matter where we are, look up, and it's the same sky. I loved you and I always will. Hope you recover soon!

With love..."

"Y-youngjae-ah..." I heard someone call me and I turn to find the familiar voice.

NO ONE's POV

Mark stood at the entrance, mouth agape at the sight in front of him...

YOUNGJAE WOKE UP!! He's awake!!! His mind screamed as he dropped his bags and ran toward the bed, waking the other boy up as well.

"Y-youngjae-ah!" He shouted as he hugged a confused Youngjae.

"H-hyung...?" Youngjae stuttered as he let the boy crush his own body in his arms. Mark moved over to him so quickly that he barely got to see his face. Youngjae took some time but was able to recognise his cousin by his voice.

He was absolutely clueless. He tried to think of what caused him to end up in the hospital, but his mind was blank.

"Youngjae, it's so good to have you back! I missed you so much!" Mark continued to rub Youngjae's back as if he were comforting a crying child, but he was the one shedding tears of happiness.

Youngjae was still weak and confused. He looked up to find the other boy at his bedside. The boy looked at him with wide, anticipating eyes.

He didn't know how to feel at the moment. He just woke up in a hospital with no idea about why, how, and when he got there.

"Mark Hyung..." Youngjae called out to mark, averting from the other boy's gaze. Mark pulled back and looked at Youngjae, resting his arms on Youngjae's shoulders.

"Hyung, what happened?"

Mark frowned as he cocked his head to a side, wiping off a tear as he did so.

"You-" Mark paused in his track as he felt the other boy squeeze his arm from behind. Mark looked at the boy whose eyes spoke. They spoke of fear and disappointment.

Mark sewed the pieces together and he came to a realisation.

"Youngjae, what is the last thing you remember?" Mark asked worriedly.

"I- I don't know! That's why I'm asking you!" Youngjae snapped, panicking after seeing the two boys' reaction to his behaviour.

He gave the unknown boy short, quick glances, feeling a little uncomfortable that both boys weren't doing anything else but stare at him.