Chapter 7

I woke up to Love me like that ringing in my ear. Groaning at the unexpected wake up call I turn over and grab blindly for my phone. "Hey del what's up?" I asked sleepily into the phone. The other end had a lot of background noise so I struggled to hear her.

"Our bus broke down! Can you come and give us a lift?" She shouted into the other end. "Sure, of course where are you?" I asked, getting up and throwing on a hoodie and shoes. Rydel told me where they broke down and I hopped in my car.

As I approached where Rydel had said they were, I could see flares lit up on the row in a circle, several making a lot of long shadows around a bunch of people. I pulled over and parked 40 feet or so from the flares and ran over.

The bus was smoking out it's front and had not one but two flat tires. Everyone was standing on the grassy hill beside the buss, each looking tired and half asleep as they lounged on their luggage.

"Did someone call for a ride?" I asked, jangling my keys. Everyone looked over at me before rushing to hug me. Rydel was first, thanking me for saving them. "It's no big Rydel, it's just a ride." I assured her.

I helped everyone get their bags into my car, thank goodness I had a huge car, before settling off. Rydel took the front seat and almost immediately passed out. I turned on the radio but dialed down the volume to a lullaby level.

Soon enough everyone was asleep, I could hear talking from behind me, hmm someone's a sleep talker huh? I was about to turn down the volume and listen to the mumbling but someone cut me off, bringing my attention to the road.

I drove to my house, not knowing the plan and I didn't want to wake anyone up to ask. Pulling into my house I turned around to see if anyone was awake, Riker was watching me through half lidded eyes, quickly shutting them when he saw me looking. I decided to roll with it, I shook his knee. "Riker..wake up." I whispered, Riker "woke up" and looked sleepily at me.

"Wassgoinon?" He slurred in a pretend sleepy voice. "I didn't know where to take you so we're at my house. You guys can crash here for the night if you want." I offered, Riker smiled. "That'd be great, we already checked out of the hotel and they probably don't have any more openings anyway." We got out of the car and began to wake everyone.

Grabbing their bags and trudging half asleep up to my front door, never before have I been so happy that I had bought an actual house and not an apartment. I unlocked my door and pointed everyone to their rooms. I had enough for everyone, including Stormie and Mark.

Riker ended up picking the room directly across from my room, I gave him an awkward goodnight before disappearing into my room. I stood with my back to the door for a moment. "R5's staying in my house...R5 is IN my HOUSE!" I whispered excitedly before squealing softly and jumping onto my bed.