Chapter 45

The next three days went by in a flash, suddenly on Saturday when the director called cut I broke into tears as I realized I'd have to say good bye to Riker. It's not fear of him being unfaithful it's the thought of him leaving and me having to let him go. I knew I'd have to though.

When we got back to the house, everyone had their bags packed, this scene was too familiar. I said goodbye to each in turn, shedding tears with each hug, Rydel almost crushed me with her death hug. Then finally when it was my turn to say goodbye to Riker, he stood across the lawn form me, my lip quivered as I fought to hold back tears. He held his arms out to me and I walked to him, shrinking down so I curled into his chest, hearing his fast aloud heart beat. I cried onto his shirt as he stroked my hair, swaying gently as he did so. I didn't wanna let go... But the cabie honked his horn and I knew it was now or never.

We pulled apart and he gave me a sweet kiss, he pulled back and looked me in the eyes, wiping a tear away, I leaned into his warm calloused hand. "Hey, I love you." He whispered, his voice tint and eyes red, he was close to tears but was trying to be strong. "I love you too Riker." I said, struggling a smile. He kissed my forehead and turned, getting into the cab and shutting the door. I could only just see into the tinted windows, I saw Riker hunch his shoulders and they began to shake as they drove off. I stood and waved, long after they turned out of sight I still waved.

Then I thought of something. Why?