Like You Mean it!

Urbosa clenched her jaw as she debated whether or not she wanted to speak her mind to the Rito who sat before her. While she didn't exactly have a problem with Kass, she did have a problem with who sent him.

Kass watched her patiently, not prompting her to speak despite the fact that she had said nothing since she had pulled him aside.

"It would seem that I owe you an apology," Urbosa finally muttered as she set a hand on her hip. "Even though I am upset, you aren't the problem. It isn't fair to treat you like you are. I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry as well," Kass replied, all the sincerity in the world reflected in his voice. "It was not my intent to add to your burdens."

Both nodded to each other as silence came to dominate their surroundings. Even the few trees and blades of grass had quieted themselves, as though in anticipation of what was to come.

"What do you know of the woman who sent you?" Urbosa finally asked. She had been caught in an internal conflict, attempting to figure out whether or not it was a question she wanted the answer to.

"I can't say that I know much. She didn't even show her face to me."

"She's Hylia." Urbosa expected some sort of show of disbelief. A shake of the head, a dropping of the beak, she would have even accepted a widening of his eyes. Instead, he cocked his head to the side thoughtfully and finally nodded after a moment.

"Yes, that makes sense," Kass decided.

"How so?"

"She has a way about her. It's not exactly different from most, but almost like she's more herself, I suppose."

"I see." She didn't really but she wasn't inclined to care either. Her main concern was making sure the Rito understood exactly the predicament that Hylia had landed him in. "Be that as it may, she and I are not on especially good terms right now."

"Ah," Kass replied thoughtfully. "I do not mean to pry, but would it have anything to do with Zelda? My teacher used to talk about how she struggled to use her sealing magic and, as I understand it, those powers stem from the Goddess."

"Yes," Urbosa replied curtly. "Tell me something; if she is a true goddess, shouldn't she be able to handle Ganon herself? Why force children to shoulder the weight of the world?"

Kass wasn't at all bothered by her hostility as he closed his eyes for a time. "I don't mean to be rude, but if she took care of the Calamity herself, what purpose would you have? What purpose would the other Champions have?"

"I'm sure that there are plenty of other things we could have done."

"I'm sure, but what if fighting it was exactly what you all needed?"

"How can this be what any of them needed?" Urbosa growled threateningly as her eyes narrowed.

"I have had the pleasure of meeting many amazing people on my journeys. There were some who have suffered blindness their entire lives, some who struggled to feed their families, and others still who had lost everything, including loved ones, in attacks. The one thing they all shared in common was that they didn't run from the hardship. Instead, they accepted it and let it change them into someone better."

"So what? I'm just supposed to accept it all?"

"I can't tell you what to do. I can only tell you of what I have seen and heard."

"So, assuming I do accept this, what is this 'grand revelation' that I'll receive?" She was nowhere near ready to roll over and let things happen, but she was also quickly realizing just how few choices were left to her. She needed to weigh them carefully.