For Your Sake

Mipha stared down at Revali as she moved her hands over him. She had awoken, surprised to find that she felt well rested for the first time in days. She was, however, not at all surprised to find her hand in Link's. He had always been thoughtful and was likely determined to make sure she slept well no matter how uncomfortable the position he had to take.

It had taken some time, but she had managed to wriggle her hand out of Link's and slip away without waking him.

It had been cold and dark when she left the inn, causing her to shiver as she made her way to Medli's home. Entering the young woman's house had been a trial all its own as she stepped over the mess that was Medli's room.

She had reached the Rito Champion and had forced herself to remain calm as she began healing him, or her best attempt at healing him.

If her normal power was a soothing river, then all she could manage now was a trickle. Even so, she was determined to make a trickle work.

She lost track of time as she used her energy to weave Revali's broken body back together. Had she had access to her full power, it would have taken her a little more than an hour. Now though, the sun was already well above the horizon before she had fixed the fractures in his chest. At the rate she was going, it would take her the rest of the day before Revali was fully healed.

The Zora Princess sighed as she realized in her haste to begin healing, she had neglected to eat anything. She was regretting that decision as her stomach protested her negligence. She would need to eat something soon if she was going to continue.

She was pulling her hand away from his chest when a platter of fish appeared next to her.

"Thought you might need this," Link said from behind her.

"How did you –"

"You forget to eat when someone needs help. How are you feeling?" he asked as he settled next to her.

"I feel okay," she replied as she picked up one of the fish. "Thank you for everything."

Link nodded before his gaze shifted to Revali. "Are you able to heal again?"

"Yes, but not quite the same as before." Admitting it was humiliating. She had been in full control of her power for years, and now it was like she was just discovering it all over again.

Not only was it embarrassing, but it was something that secretly worried her as well. She had always felt more comfortable with Link's reckless nature because she knew she could fix whatever harm befell him. Now, she was struggling to heal injuries that would haveh taken her minutes before. In emergencies, even a second could be the difference between life and death. With her power locked away as it was, she wasn't sure she could protect him the way she used to.

He said nothing, allowing her to concentrate on eating as he inspected the Rito Champion. "I'm going to leave the Village for a bit," he said quietly.

"What?" She struggled to keep her breathing in check as Link dug through his pouch and removed a few healing potions.

"A guy named Teba wants to train me to use a bow."

"Teba wants to train you?! Oh, sorry!" Medli exclaimed as Mipha did her best to choke in a ladylike fashion. She had nearly jumped out of her scales when Medli had spoken. Unfortunately for the Zora Princess, she had also taken a rather large bite of fish.

"It's all right," she gasped out as Link patted her firmly on the back a few times.

"Yeah. He said to meet him on one of the landing pads this morning."