Divine Beast Vah Naboris

"So, are things really going that poorly?" Urbosa asked as she lounged against one of the several ledges that ran along Naboris' interior. While looking at the schematics for the other Divine Beasts, the Gerudo Champion had noticed that her Divine Beast wasn't quite the same as the others.

Rutas interior had been designed with a Zora in mind, with many flat surfaces and waterfalls to accommodate them. Medoh had minimal walkspaces, replacing them with perches a Rito could use while not in flight. And then there was Rudania, who had angled walkways for a Goron traveling across mountains. Naboris, on the other hand, had no real plan when it came to its promenades.

At least, that's what the Sheikah and Hylians who unearthed the Beast believed.

Her first visit was enough to realize that they either hadn't spent enough time to notice how complex Naboris was, or they didn't care to find out. She hoped it wasn't the latter, as it would be a shame to entrust the future of the Kingdom to those who barely took the time to master one of their greatest weapons. Unlike the other Divine Beasts, Naboris could not support such a simple system of pathways, as its body was made of three cylinders that rotated independently of the others. Creating the paths through them required the pilot to forge her path by rotating each cylinder in specific patterns; however, it wasn't nearly so simple as that. As Naboris' partner, the Gerudo Champion would also have to ensure that she placed herself correctly, as she may wind up on the floor while the walkway she had created was inaccessible hundreds of feet above her.

While the other Champions' first goals had been to learn to control their beasts while simultaneously fighting, hers had been to understand Naboris itself. Hours of her day had been devoted to experimenting, trying to find every possible route that she could create and traverse. She explored the bottom levels, and the power conduits there, slowly working her way up toward the top, reaching hidden areas that none of the researchers had even found on the maps of Naboris' interior.

It took hours of analysis and practice, but eventually she was able to manipulate Naboris' interior without a second thought. It had been amusing to watch researchers or emissaries from King Rhoam watch with widened eyes as she walked through the rotating interior, creating pathways beneath her feet as she held casual conversations.

It was much less amusing when such a visitor became sick in her Divine Beast.

Regardless, she had been quick to invite Zelda for a visit upon mastering Naboris. Judging by the Princess' response, Zelda had been eager to take her up on the offer.

Within a few weeks, the Princess of Hyrule finally arrived with her new personal bodyguard in tow, ready to explore Naboris. They had spent the better part of a day exploring before finally deciding to camp out within the Divine Beast's interior.

That was the first time she had met Link and learned just how bad the relationship between Zelda and the knight was. The Princess was quite jaded when it came to other people, so it was no surprise that she would take some time to warm up to Link. Urbosa could only hope that Link would provide her little bird with the friendship she so desperately needed.

However, there seemed to have been little, if any improvements in the months that followed. The Gerudo Champion couldn't blame Zelda for her coldness toward Link. The ever-cool and composed knight was famous throughout the land for his battle prowess, and that had been before he drew the Blade of Evil's Bane, thus catapulting himself to the same status as the heroes of legend. Conversely, Zelda, who had yet to access her sealing powers, had to suffer the people's contempt. Not a single Gerudo dared to speak ill of the Princess, but Urbosa couldn't control the rest of Hyrule, and she knew just how powerful the people's murmuring could be.