Pete- Guardian Angel (part 2)

Pete sulked in the chair as his boss sat quietly in front of him, leaning himself of the desk, his white suit matching his surroundings.
"I'm just trying to understand why you felt the need to become visible. This girl is very shaken up at the minute because of it." God told Pete, his tone easy and light.
Pete sighed and rubbed his face. "I panicked and didn't think. I'm really sorry Mr John." Elton smiled and waved his hand.
"No need to for that. But you have to understand the trouble you've caused here. Why were you even there? She was fine." He looked at the fire in front of him with a perplexed look.
Pete bit his lip. "She's really clumsy. I worry about her." He mumbled and after a few seconds of silence, realisation hit Elton.
"Ah." Is all he said before standing up and walking to his book shelf. "Yes. I had heard rumours of the angel you had fallen head over heals for a mere mortal." He took a book from the shelf and examined it. "I chose to ignore them, thinking they couldn't possibly be true." He took the book back over to his desk and sat down again.
Pete looked up worriedly. "Sir-" God silenced him by holding up one finger as he looked through the pages.
"It's very simple, Pete. You look after here when she needs it. You don't fall in love." Pete gulped down the worry in his throat and nodded.
"I understand that, sir, but-" again, he was silenced.
"Then you understand the consequences of your actions, of the whole situation. Is that right?" He raised an eyebrow and Pete nodded quickly. He sighed and shook his head. "I'm sorry, Pete. Your actions are irreversible and so, I have to let you go." Pete's eyes widened in fear.
"No, sir, please! Who will look after her?" He pleaded. Elton looked at him apologetically and stood up yet again.
"You will, in a human form." Pete let out a shaky breath and held back the tears threatening to spill. "I'm sorry, Pete. Truly, I am. I have to take your wings off of you." Pete clenched his eyes shut and nodded. He wasn't ready for this. Then again, no angel was.
With one last regretful look, Elton placed his hand on Pete's shoulder.
A burst of light exploded in Pete's mind and suddenly he was in a field, rain hammering on to his head as darkness surrounded him.
He looked around and noticed he was in the middle of nowhere. He could finally let his feelings out.
A sob escaped his mouth as he bought his hands up to his eyes. He couldn't believe he could be so stupid! You now had no guardian angel and Pete had lost his wings. They were what made him, him. His identity, his life. And it's gone and he's stranded in a forgotten field, a disappointment to his family and friends above him.
"Are you okay?" Someone shouted from behind him. He turned and thanked Elton that it was raining. No one could see he was crying. He saw a bright light shine in his eyes and had to squint.
"Who are you?" Pete yelled over the loud pounding of rain. The light moved to show a familiar and pretty face. She had black hair and bright eyes that bore in to his.
"I'm Elisa! Are you okay?" She repeated and Pete immediately recognised the name.
"I-I'm lost. I don't know where I am or how I got here!" He answered truthfully. Elisa helped him up and led him to a car.
"Please don't murder me, since, you know, I'm helping you." Pete smiled and realised why Patrick had chosen to look over this girl. She was very kind, just like him.
"I have no intention on bringing you any harm, trust me." She smiled and opened the door for him, shutting it when he climbed in. She joined him and let out a long breath.
"Is there anyone you can call? Anywhere I can take you to?" Pete's smile dropped as the previous events ran through his head.
He swallowed hard and shook his head. "No. I have no one." He breathed, staring out the window.
Elisa sighed and started the car up. She'd be damned is she didn't help someone in need.