Andy- A new light (End)

Andy had halted shortly after he couldn't hear your footsteps anymore. After a few seconds he turned around, shuffling the books so they wouldn't fall.
You had turned around and started to walk the other way, and he didn't like that. Not one bit.

"It fucking sucks." Pete grumbled, shaking his head and Joe.
"What sucks?" Andy asked through a mouthful of apple as he walked in to the room.
Both boys went quiet and Andy squinted In suspicion. "Nothing." Joe sighed, leaning back against the chair.
"No. Come on. Tell me." Andy softly demanded as he sat down. Throwing the left over apple in to the trash not too far away from him.
Pete and Joe looked at each other for a second before turning back to Andy. "We were just talking about how you and (Y/N) couldn't work it out." Pete answered quietly.
Andy scoffed and rolled his eyes. He wasn't up for this today. He'd already had it from his mother, he didn't need it from his friends too. "It's her own fault. And yours Joe. I'm still not happy with you." Joe shrugged, knowing his friend was being ridiculous.
"You're just upset because you have a shot at something good here but you're scared you'll mess it up." Joe pointed out nonchalantly.
Andy stopped and stared at his friend in bewilderment. "I'm sorry?"
"You know it's true." Joe pointed at him before smiling smugly.
Andy was quiet for a second, angry that Joe was right. "Whatever. That's not the point. The point is she did something wrong." He changed subjects quickly.
"She apologised." Pete pointed out.
"Oh please. She said sorry and when I didn't accept it, she just walked away." Andy stood up to try and leave the conversation.
"You weren't exactly very nice though. Would you stay and try if someone was shouting at you?" Pete leaned forward.
"If I cared about them enough. Clearly she didn't care enough." He tried to reason. Pete groaned and threw his head back.
Andy looked between the two of them again before he settled his gaze on Joe who still looked smug. "I think, she cares too much. She thought that she was hurting you too much so thought 'I better leave him alone. If he won't accept my apology, he never will, so I'll just move on." Joe did his best to impersonate you, but the failed attempt fell on miserable ears.
Andy processed what Joe had said and then thought about how shitty you must be feeling. And then he pondered on how Joe and Pete had called him out on being scared about fucking up. But he had already fucked up.
The last thing he remembered was Pete asking if he'd stay and his reply of caring enough...
Without another word, Andy was out the front door, running down the streets with only one thought in mind.
You.

Orange is the New Black played on your TV but had to be paused when you heard the doorbell. You were about to get up and answer it, seeing as your mom was out, when you heard it open and close.
Shit. You'd forgotten to lock it.
You sat up on your bed and readied yourself for whatever intruder was about to walk through your door. Though you were soon relieved when you saw it was just Andy.
Wait, Andy?
The relief turned to confusion, but before you could ask him anything, he grabbed your face and placed his lips on yours with such desperation that it almost killed you.
You pushed him off of you instantly and scrambled away from him.
"What the fuck?!" You yelled, now standing on the other side of your bed. Andy went to speak but your shouting stopped him. "You come in to my house, uninvited, and decide to kiss me without saying anything after screaming at me the other day?" Andy's mouth closed. "Who the fuck do you think you are?"
"An idiot." Andy answered before you could go on, stunning you a little bit. When he was met with silence he continued. "I'm an idiot. I should've just accepted your apology instead of acting like an asshole. I overreacted, and not just the other day. Through all of it." Still, silence. "I-" he took a moment to think. "I was just scared. I've liked you for so long but you're my friend, or you were. It was strange for me but I thought you were amazing. I saw you in a new light and I didn't want that to stop. But then I started thinking about how you're out of my league and how you could do better, like Joe, and it scared me." He almost laughed at the way your nose screwed up at Joe's name.
"I don't want to date Joe. Ever." You clarified, seemingly calmer than before.
Andy sighed a little before carrying on. "I really like you, (Y/N). And yes. I shouldn't have come in here and planted one on you as if it were a simple hello. But I was just so over come with the realisation that I don't want to be without you anymore. It sucks, and...I'm no longer scared." He looked up at you on the last line, a familiar hope in his eyes as he awaited your response.
It took a few seconds but you finally responded. "Don't ever come in uninvited again." You pointed a finger at him.
"Of course." He nodded, still serious.
"And don't shout at me. Not only is it rude, but it scared me a little." You admitted with upmost authority.
Andy agreed. "I didn't enjoy shouting at you anyway. Just don't pretend to date my friends to make each other's friend jealous and I think we're good." Andy smiled, still unsure of where you two stood.
"Deal." You nodded once.
Andy watched as you climbed on to the bed and crawled towards him. You kneeled in front of him and finally smiled. "Want to confirm this deal?" He asked steadily, trying not to push his boundaries.
You didn't even bother answering before wrapping your arms around his shoulder and bringing his lips to yours.