Joe- You'd do that? (Part three)

I'm so sorry I haven't updated! I've had exams and it seems everything seemed to happen after them. But hopefully I'm back to update now.

"And the two princesses live happily ever after." You smiled at Ruby as she snuggled further in to her covers.
"I liked that story." She smiled as you stroked her hair. "Princes are over rated." You chuckled and rested your hand on her side.
"Not all of them are bad, sweetie. Your dad is the best prince I've ever met." You smiled to yourself. You couldn't wait for joe to get back tomorrow.
"I guess." She went quiet for a bit. "I don't want you to go away tomorrow." She pouted slightly as your eyebrows furrowed.
"What do you mean?" She leant on her eyebrows and sighed since she had to explain herself.
"If daddy's coming back tomorrow, you won't stay here anymore and we won't have fun like we did today." You smiled, your heart swelling at her acceptance of you being around.
"I'm not going anywhere if you don't want me to, rubes." She smiled and wrapped her arms around you. You stroked her hair before tucking her back in, saying goodnight and going to your room.

After a short call with Joe, you were lying stark out in his bed, the land of dreams pulling you in. Suddenly, you heard a small knock followed by sniffling.
You opened your eyes and rubbed them before leaning up ever so slightly. The knock came again and you slowly stood up, carefully opening your door.
Ruby stood before you with red eyes and her frizzy hair falling in to her face. You kneeled down so you were at her level. "What's wrong, sweetie?" You whispered. She rubbed her eyes and whimpered before stepping closer to you. She wrapped her arms around your neck and remained quiet.
You rubbed her back and finally she spoke. "I can't sleep cause I had a bad dream daddy was in trouble." You pouted and continued to comfort her.
"Ruby, I'm sure daddy's fine. He's safe and sound." She didn't reply. "Do you want to call him?" She nodded vigorously and wiped her eyes.
You stood up and grabbed your phone, telling Ruby to follow you, only for her to hold her arms up to you. You laughed and let her climb on your back, walking down the stairs towards the kitchen. You sat her on the kitchen work top before going through your phone and clicking on Joes name.
It immediately began to ring and you prayed he was awake so he could answer. The last thing you needed was Ruby panicking that her dad was in danger.
After many rings, he finally picked up and you sighed in relief. "Hello?" His croaky voice rang through your ear.
"Hi Joey. Sorry to wake you but Ruby really wanted to talk to you." You looked over at the girl to see her gleaming with excitement.
"Really?" There was a pause. "Why's she still awake? It's way past her bedtime." You smiled even more and rolled your eyes.
"Let her explain that." You passed the phone to Ruby and immediately went further in to the kitchen to grab two glasses. You filled one with water and one with milk and then warmed the milk slightly in the microwave.
You walked towards Ruby with the glasses, finally listening to what she was saying. "I drew a picture of us and Dave today." She paused to listen. "My friend! The one who lives under my bed!" She seemed upset he didn't remember her imaginary friend, but you didn't blame him, it was the middle of the night. "Okay. I love you too daddy." She smiled and handed the phone to you.
"He wants to tell you off." She gleamed. You grinned and took it, swapping it for the milk.
"Hello." You chimed down the phone.
"Man I wish I was there to see how good you are with Ruby." He quickly answered, causing you to giggle.
"Well, get back soon so you can." You responded quietly as Ruby gulped the milk down like it was a mission.
"I will. Thanks again for taking care of Ruby." You shrugged even though he couldn't see you.
"My pleasure. She's such a delight." You smiled and Ruby and wiped some milk off her cheek.
"Really? Sure you have the right child?" You laughed.
"I'm sure. She's been brilliant. I might have to take her out tomorrow because she's been so good." Ruby's face lit up and you laughed.
"Okay. Well, I hope you two have fun."
"Thank you. Night night." Joe chuckled slightly.
"Night daddy!" Ruby screamed. That made him laugh loudly.
"Tell her I love her. Night." You hung up and did as you were told, setting your phone down.
Ruby soon fell sleepy and next thing you knew, you were carrying her up the stairs to her room as she passed out in your arms.
You lay her gently on the bed and tucked her in, soon returning to Joes room. It hadn't even been five minutes when you heard footsteps running towards you and someone jump on the bed.
Ruby collapsed next to you, cuddling in to you and giggling like mad. "Goodnight (Y/N)." She whispered.
"Goodnight sweetie." You whispered back, wrapping your arms around her as you both fell asleep.