Pete- Guardian angel (part four)

Pete had somehow made up a lie about being new in town and not having a place to stay so you and Elisa wouldn't keep pestering him to drive him home. Only this resulted in you begging him to stay with you.
After your house burnt down, you were staying with Elisa, which was helpful since you loved her and it was closer to the hospital you were training at.
Pete melted when you asked him and he couldn't say no. His plan was to stay overnight and find what the mortals called a 'motel' in the morning, though he wasn't sure how he'd pay for it. However that plan went down hill very quickly.

"Pete, can you pass the sugar please?" You asked sweetly from across the counter. Pete nodded and passed you it, blushing when your hands brushed together.
"So, not trying to sound rude, but do you not have a job?" Pete internally cringed. He knew this was coming up.
"Not at the minute, no. I've kind of been..." He looked you up and down, "distracted." Your smile grew as you averted your gaze to your coffee.
"Maybe I could help you find a job? It's the least I could do for you after you, you know." Pete chuckled and nodded.
"That'd be nice, thank you." Any excuse to spend more time with you. You nodded in return before spinning on your heel to get ready for training.

"So what are you good at?" You gleefully asked Pete, sitting awfully close to him on the sofa.
He shrugged and laughed a little. "I don't know? I like soccer." He recalled on the many times he tried to teach Patrick the game, only to have Patrick injure himself in some way. He missed Patrick...
"Any other strengths?" You asked hopefully. He looked over at you and took you in. Your beautiful eyes that went perfectly with that breathtaking smile. Each accenting the pure nature of your soul. Hell, he'd have any strength you'd want him to have if it made you happy.
He simply shook his head again. But then it hit him. What was he good at? Why was he here in the first place? Wasn't that a strength?
"Helping people!" He said excitedly. He noticed your surprised features and calmed down a little. "I like helping people." You smiled and nodded, getting to work on your laptop.

Pete walked through the door, exhausted. Who knew humans could be so intimidating? He knew now. After sitting in an office for nearly three quarters of an hour, he finally did it.
"So?" You asked with a mixture of nervousness and excitement. Elisa stood next to you, curious as ever.
Pete shrugged, smiling slightly. " I got it." He answered quietly. It went silent for a second before you burst out screaming.
"I'm so happy for you!" You whaled as you flung your arms around his neck, dragging him in to a hug. Pete automatically returned it and smiled.
Noticing the hug was going on for a while, Elisa decided to speak up. "What position?" She smiled as you two pulled apart.
"HR. Apparently I'll be the one helping everyone there." He shrugged, still humble as ever.
You smiled proudly at him, right arm still around his neck. "Congratulations Petey." You beamed and Elisa didn't miss the look you gave each other.
Only three months and they're already eye fucking. She thought as she shook her head.