Chapter 17

Ava's P.O.V

Hesitantly I got in. I really didn't want to go shopping but I would do anything for mall food.

"Still don't want to go shopping?" Rider asked starting the car and pulling out of the driveway and on the road. I shook my head.

"I don't like human interactions." I stated.

He gave me a 'are you serious' look "Your gonna have to if you want to get a job."

I rolled my eyes "There are some jobs that don't involve human interactions."

"Do you realize how creepy you sound?"

"I don't care." He started saying something else but I ignored him and pulled out my notebook to finish my drawing.

I titled it 'my demon best friend

I titled it 'my demon best friend.' The car swerved a little.

"What the hell?" I look to my left and see Rider looking at my drawing, I quickly closed the notebook but his gaze drifted to me. 

"Watch what your doing!!" I scream and we lunged forward as he stopped at a stop sign. This is proof seatbelts are shit. My heart was pounding. 

"Are you ok? He didn't answer he started to drive when the light turned green and pulled into the mall parking lot. I unbuckle my seatbelt, jumped out of the car, and ran to his side before he could get out.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked but he didn't make eye contact with me.

"Rider?" Still no answer. I signed and got down to his level. He still looked away. 

"The drawing wasn't about you Rider." He looked at me

"That's a lie." His tone harsh.

"But it isn't."

"Prove it."
I reached over him and grabbed my notebook. I flipped to another page and gave the notebook to him.

"Because this one is you I didn't draw the other have because I thought you would take it offensive

"Because this one is you I didn't draw the other have because I thought you would take it offensive." He smiled.

"Is this really me?" He asked.

"Yes but I still have to make the hair darker and find the perfect blue for your eyes."

"Why don't you just use a random blue?" He asked.

"Because I want this to be perfect and there's something about your eyes that give me comfort."