Chapter 24

***Ava's P.O.V***

I'm so tired. The screaming had finally stopped for good. But Rider said I couldn't come out until 10:00am. My stomach hurt from stress eating all the snacks.

I checked my almost dead phone to see that it's only '8:05am'. I groaned and turned in the television.

I'm gonna leave my phone alone because me being forgetful I left my charger in the kitchen. I put on Spongebob and start to relax.

My eyes grew heavy but I quickly went to the bathroom and splashed cold water on my face. I've already watched three episodes decided to watch a movie. All I could think about was Rider. I no longer care about school because its the end of the year and I have had straight A's all year.

I jumped when my phone buzzed. I picked it up and check the screen '10:09'. I jumped up and ran out the door. Please still be alive. Please still be alive.

I tripped a few times and stub my toe. I didn't care. I just wanted to hug Rider again and see his smiling face. I kicked the door open.

Rider's head was hanging. He wasn't moving. I ran over to him.

"Rider?!" No answer.

"Rider!!"

"I...needed...water..." I ran upstairs and grabbed a cup of water. I ran back down and put the cup to his lips. He took big gulps and drank every last drop. He was breathing heavily. I quickly untie the chains and he fell in my arms nuzzling his face into my neck.

"Rider you need to rest."

"What... About... You..."

"Don't worry about me. You need to rest and after your taking a shower. You smell like a rotting corpse." He smiled against my skin.

"You... Need... A...  Shower... Too..."

"Stop talking. And catch your breath. He fell silent. I got up and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. He was limping badly. I was able to get him up and on the couch. Luckily I already had blankets down here. I covered him up and and tried to walk away.

"Stay with me please." Rider asked with a raspy voice.

"The couch isn't big enough." He pouted. And I gave in. I got under the covers with him just to be yanked on top of him.

"Rider."

"Shhh. Go to sleep."