Good while it lasted....

Since I was dumb and updated out of order here is the next chapter...... I still feel so bad about that.....

~April~

 I woke up the next morning to the sun on my face. I opened my eyes and smiled at the memory of last night. One of the best nights in my life. Sir Guy had feelings for me, and I returned them. I looked around me, I was still on the floor in front of the fire that by now had burned out. There was a jacket over my torso. It was a Sir Guy's leather jacket. I sat up on my elbow. He wasn't here. My heart dropped, I had hoped he would be here. There were footsteps coming from the door way. I looked up to see Sir Guy walking through the door. He walked over to me and bent down so he was closer to my face.

"Look who is finally awake." He smiled at me.

"Look who let me wake up alone." I smiled back at him. "Where did you go?"

"I was with the Sheriff. He asked where you were. I told him you were on bed rest in Locksley for a few days." I smiled then his face dropped slightly. "He has a guest coming today, from Germany. The event wasn't what I thought it would be. It's a gambling night. If you don't wish to go, I understand." I put my hand on his face.

"I would love to attend with you. It may not be ideal, but it is a chance for us to be together more." He smiled at me and put both his hands on the sides of my face.

"Thank you." He leaned in and kissed me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him in towards me. I smiled and leaned back on to the pillows. He followed me down, as his weight came on top of me. We were how we were last night.

"Sir Guy." A guard's voice said and Sir Guy slowly broke away from our kiss. I opened my eyes and looked up at him. His eyes never left mine.

"What is it?" His voice was annoyed.

"The men have been rounded up and are waiting just outside." He closed his eyes and hung his head.

"Alright I'll be out in a moment. Keep the guards surrounding them."

"Yes, Sir Guy." The guard left and Sir Guy sat back on his legs. I stood up from where I sat and smiled at him.

"Well, I am going to go change and it sounds like you have something to attend to." I walked towards the stairs. I felt a hand loop around my waist. I turned around and Sir Guy stood right in front of me.

"Be ready soon, we will ride to Nottingham." I nodded and he gave me a quick lingering kiss. He let go of my waist and I walked up the stairs. I turned back at the top and saw Sir Guy looking at me. I smiled at him then turned to go into my room.

I closed the door behind me and I leaned against it. I smiled to myself. Letting out a little squeal of happiness and spun in a circle. This feeling that was inside of me was amazing. I walked over to the wardrobe and looked through the dresses that hung there. I found a light green dress and long blue vest that laced up the front that complemented each other. I quickly changed and put on my riding boots. I stood in front of the little mirror. I hoped that Sir Guy liked it. Now that I knew he had feelings for me I wanted to look my best. It was new to me. To want to impress a man after I knew he cared for me. Maybe it was the fact that I have been dressing like a man for so long, I wanted to show that I was a woman.

Opening the door to my room I walked down the stairs and opened the front door that led to the stables. I opened the door and was greeted by a gruesome sight. There were bodies being drug out of the small courtyard. I covered my mouth and walked back inside and closed the door. I pressed my back against the wall next to the door, just as it opened again and Sir Guy walked in. "You saw that didn't you?" He asked. I nodded and smoothed out my dress. He walked over and wrapped his arms around my waist and neck. "I didn't want you to. A girl shouldn't see dead bodies." He set his chin on my head. I wrapped my arms around his chest and gave a slight laugh.