thirteen

wildest dreams, put some faith in me, take my hand to your fantasy

-five days later-

it was nine pm and everyone was out, i decided to head to the gym at the warehouse. i called a car and it showed up within seconds. i got changed into a sportsbra, yoga pants and a jacket. throwing on my sneakers before getting into the car.

we arrived at the warehouse and i was let in immediately, but stopped by some of my father's men.

?- lamento molestarte princesa pero el jefe te está pidiendo verte (sorry to bother you princess but the boss is requesting to see you)

l- por favor dile que lo veré después del entrenamiento (please tell him i'll see him after training)

?- si, princesa (yes, princess)

i continued walking until i reached the gym. this gym was bigger than ours but had less people in it, instead of having a booth for the music, they had a laptop set up for anyone's use. i went over and logged into my spotify.

i started playing my playlist and went over to the boxing bags, i got my gloves on and started training to the sound of 'turn it off'. i heard the door open and shut and ignored it, figuring it was just somebody else.

the person i'd least expect to see here was my father, he stood in front of me wearing focus mitts. i moved over so i was hitting his hands instead of the bag and he stood back in surprise.

r- you've gotten stronger mija

i smiled and continued punching, using all my strength and control. it was like deja vu, training with my dad here. we moved from machine to machine, sometimes training together and sometimes separate.

once we were finished, i found us laughing together and smiling. exactly like old times. we went into the bar, asking for a post-workout drink. we went up to the top floor and sat together while sipping on our drinks.

he used to bring me here when i was little, when i had a bad dream or day. we sat down on the couch that was still there and watched the night sky.

r- recuerda mija, sin la oscuridad nunca veríamos las estrellas (remember mija, without the dark we would never see the stars)

l- recuerdo (i remember)

we stayed close, but never took our eyes off the sky. i watched the stars as they were separated from the passing planes in the sky. my father chuckled next to me and i looked to him in curiosity.

l- what's so funny?

r- you haven't changed a bit, mija. you're still the strong, independent girl we raised.

l- thankyou papá

he looked shocked but hugged me, i hugged back and felt the comfort of my loss. i hadn't seen my father in years and now i was here, with him. over the time i've been here, doing deals with my family and seeing the business grow, i've realised how much my father truly has changed.

r- we should get home, your mamá will be worried.

i nodded and we got up, he opened the door for me as we both went back down. there was a car waiting for him outside and we got in quickly, driving home.

my father does come home, but not often. you could see the surprise in my mamá's eyes as we both walked through the doors. ivy hugged me as we walked in, my father went to help in the kitchen. my phone started to ring and i knew exactly who it was, brax. since the identity mishap, he always facetimes me for assurance.