seventeen

a place, where space and time doesn't exist. 

we arrived home late last night and we couldn't take the boys to our house. although they stayed with us in sinaloa, they still don't know about our business. it was a risk letting them stay with us but nobody would dare to cross my father, they were safe. 

we dropped the guys home and drove back to ours, falling straight into bed once we walked through the door. 

i woke up this morning and didn't want to get up, i heard my phone ringing but didn't think to answer it. eventually the sound drained out and i fell back asleep, only to be woken up by ivy minutes later. 

i- why won't your phone shut up?

l- huh?

she dove on top of me, reaching over and grabbing my phone. she put it next to her ear and started talking to someone. 

i- yeah she's a little....stuck. an hour? sure, see you there loverboy. 

l- who was that?

i- jack, duh. he wants to see you, but i'm coming. 

l- okay give me twenty

i- by the way, we need to figure something out. sooner or later they're going to get sus about our lives. 

l- i know, but what can we do?

she nodded and left the room, i got up reluctantly and chose my clothes. i had my shower and washed my hair, putting it into two dutch braids and getting changed. i met ivy downstairs and she was making breakfast.

she handed me a cup and i smiled, placing it close to my lips. she was waiting for the pop tarts across from me, playing with her fingers which was a sign she was nervous. i got up and walked around the counter, stopping her and sitting on the bench. 

l- what's wrong ives?

i- i'm just worried, i really like jonah. he doesn't deserve to be lied to and i know you feel the same about jack. 

i never see ivy serious unless she's in a deal, she understands the pain that i've been feeling and all i want to do is cry with her. 

l- ivy, to be honest, i don't know what to do. brax has accepted the boys in our lives but will not let us bring them closer than arm's reach. that is the safest option for now. 

i- i understand

l- i hate it

we finished, grabbing the pop tarts and saying goodbye to brax who overheard our conversation. he smiled sympathetically before holding my arm. 

b- i'm sorry you both have to experience this but i'm trying to figure out the best solution so you can both have a normal life. 

i- hey, our live isn't normal and that's what we love about it...

b- but you two deserve to be happy, fall in love. 

l- so do you. we'll figure this out. 

he nodded and we passed him, getting into the car and driving down to the boy's house. once we got there, ivy and i were just in the mood to be with them. we were welcomed in by zach, we sat on the couch as corbyn and daniel ran down, hugging us both. 

we all waited on the couches, laughing about how we only saw each other yesterday. soon jonah came down and we were just waiting for jack. he did come down, smiling when he saw me. he lifted me up off the couch and kissed my shoulder, smiling. 

j- i'm sorry i was showering

l- it's fine

once we finished talking, zach raised the idea to go swimming. we agreed and ivy and i went upstairs to get changed.