thirtyone

i woke up late, feeling comfortable in jack's arms. i quickly got up to see security surrounding our house. i sighed, accepting that this is what's going to be my view for the next nine months. i tried to get up without waking jack but it wasn't any use. 

he woke up as soon as i left his grasp, wondering where i was going. i lent closer and kissed him quickly before telling him i was going out to get breakfast. i checked in ivy's room to see her peacefully asleep, wrapped in blankets. 

i noticed brax leave earlier and went downstairs to see carlos eating the last of the food. i gave him a seriously look, he shrugged, shoveling another pile of food into his mouth. i tapped him over the head before grabbing my keys and leaving into my car. 

when i reached the grove, i left breakfast until last. i walked around, in and out of stores, buying the occasional thing. i was walking around until i noticed a familiar face walking towards me, with paparazzi following him. 

he waved and it took me a minute to realize who it was, from previous events, i walked into the nearest restaurant and so did he. i turned around, coming face to face with my sister's ex. 

l- hey justin...

j- hey lola, how are you?

l- i'm good, what about you?

j- i'm okay, how's selena?

l- she's fine i guess

j- i miss her lola

l- i can't speak for her but i know that she is happy

j- happy without me?

l- i don't know about that, but right now, she is happy 

j- can i get you anything?

l- no thank you, i'm fine

j- do you think it's too much if i go see her?

l- no, to be honest, i want you two to get back together...

he laughed before slinging his arm around my shoulders and rubbing my arm. 

j- good seeing you again kid

l- kid?!

j- you're like my little sister, you're a kid

i nodded, disregarding what he just said. i smiled and we talked for a few moments before he wanted to go see her. i wished him good luck and he left, being followed again. i slid out of the restaurant and went home. 

i opened the door and all the food was taken from my arms in seconds, by ivy. she then laid it all out on the bench and picked at what she wanted, which was everything. i took two bowls out of her hands and put them aside for carlos and jack, who were down the next minute. 

jack wrapped his arms around my waist, my back against his chest. i reached up and twirled one of his curls around my finger while ivy and carlos had a race of who could eat faster. i turned around, going on my toes to kiss jack. 

he kissed back and both carlos and ivy started gagging. jack smiled into the kiss and i pulled away, turning to the two behind me. i reached forward, grabbing the two bowls for jack and i. once we finished eating, jack had to go back to finish recording with the guys. 

i was trying to think of what i could do for ivy, when it hit me. where is the one place that my family can trust is safe from our enemies. my mother and father trusted this place with their hearts and knew it would keep their son safe, and it did. 

i felt like i needed to explain this idea to someone, but i can't. this is a horrible idea. ivy noticed i wasn't paying attention and asked me what was wrong. after i repeatedly told her it was nothing, she took me into the office.