fiftythree

our lips are moving, they're making words

jack sings the words softly in my ear as we're dancing to their new single. megan and brax haven't been home for hours, he took her for a drive. i was focused on jack, nothing else. i smiled at the feeling of his breath on my neck. 

l- hey

j- hey

l- i love you

j- i love you most lola

our lips collided and i smiled into it when the boys started cheering. i turned to them and they immediately looked like they were avoiding me. i laughed, dancing with everyone as the playlist shuffled. soon, carlos had retreated upstairs to call ashley, and corbyn and jonah went to get icecream. 

we moved up to the theater room, falling around in different positions. we didn't have the energy to move, just laid in our spots. daniel got up, walking over to the screen and turning it onto netflix. 

we were mesmerized by the scrolling as daniel looked for something to watch. they settled on a movie and we re positioned ourselves to be facing the screen. i had slid over to jack, laying back in his lap as he leaned against the couch. 

he ran his hands through my hair and everyone was quiet, until jonah and corbyn burst back through the door. it startled all of us, shocked expressions turning into laughter. they had put the tub of icecream on the table in front, laying out six spoons. 

we sat around the table, occasionally dipping into the dessert in front of us. it was getting late, jack had fallen asleep as did corbyn. i got up, asking if anyone wanted anything before walking across the hall. 

i stumbled into the studio, thinking it was my room. i saw carlos had been playing the piano, leaving everything out. i only knew one song, and ever played it with ivy for fun. i leaned over, lowering the volume and pressing record. 

i started playing as if she was sitting next to me, i smiled at the thought of ivy. the words are significant to the situation, except the song is about a boy, i miss my best friend. i finished recording and felt a rush of energy through me, proceeding to edit the recording. 

i was editing for hours, feeling the rush for doing something i love. figuring brax would be home any minute, i went back into the theater room to see everyone fast asleep. i just closed my eyes when i was in jack's arms and could hear brax's car pull in. 

i woke up and it was the next day, everyone was gone except for jack. he smiled down to me when he noticed i woke up. he set his phone down, kissing my nose from above and standing up. he pulled me up to my feet, wrapping his arms around my waist. 

we walked down to see nobody but corbyn sitting on the couch. jack looked around confused, as did i. carlos and brax were outside training, and i knew i was supposed to be out there. i felt guilty, i know i've been lacking with the gang recently. 

they both nodded to me before continuing. i jumped over the couch and landed next to corbyn, catching him by surprise. he sighed, laughing subtly and continuing to play video games. 

l- what are we doing today?

c- i have no plans, what about you noodles?

j- i'm going to see syd for lunch but should be back after an hour

l- guess it's just us bean

he highfived me without taking his eyes of the screen, i laughed and got up to make coffee. while i was waited, i stepped outside to brax and carlos who were blaring music for all of beverly hills to hear. i rolled my eyes, turning it down slightly so they could hear me.