thirtyeight

carlos's ep is being released tonight but he is adamant he doesn't want to do anything special for the release. i want him to be happy so we decided to order pizza and sit outside listening to music all night. 

brax is leaving for london in two hours but hasn't been home since yesterday morning. he went out to organize the new shipment at the warehouse and left carlos and i at home. carlos is on the phone to his manager at the moment and i'm sitting here, bored out of my brain. 

i want to invite the boys over but i want to spend time with carlos today, just me and him for his big night. every time i meet his eyes he sends me an apologetic look, but i smile. i get a text from jack, asking if i was okay. 

i assured him that i was fine, sending kisses. i heard carlos hang up the phone in the kitchen and run into the living room where i was, jumping over the back of the couch and squashing me when he landed. 

c- where's jacko?

l- the boys are doing their own thing today

c- did you two fight?

l- no no no. is it that bad i want to spend time with you?

c- no, but strange

i slapped his arm, causing him to laugh. he searched around for the remote when he found it and turned on spotify. it was on my account and immediately started playing 'younger', he gave me a serious look and i shrugged. 

he changed the song to 'hooked' and i got hyped. he laughed, pulling me off the couch and dancing with me. carlos has been trying really hard to be there for me, in times where ivy could've been here, and i've appreciated it a lot. 

he's my little brother and i could've never asked for anyone better. he sat down before the chorus, refusing to stand back up. i got my hairbrush and started singing into it along with jack. then proceeding to scream that's my boyfriend. 

carlos was filming me and i fell to the ground being dramatic. i got up, running to the kitchen and getting a water bottle, still singing along. i threw one to carlos and he caught it without taking his eyes off the screen. 

i opened mine being careful not to spill it anywhere. carlos was the complete opposite, he tore open the lid and spilled half of it on himself. water poured out of my mouth as i couldn't contain the laughter. 

he frowned, getting up and wiping off the couch. he sat on the opposite one, and we were still laughing when brax burst in the door with lucas and natasha by his side. he was angry, very angry. carlos had never seen brax like this but i had, it's when his family is in danger. 

i signaled for carlos to come sit by me, and he did. we sat quietly, pretending not to listen to brax's conversation with them. natasha had noticed me, and i was trying not to run and hug her, but something told me this was more serious that a reunion. 

carlos shifted and i lent back, accidentally hitting the remote and turning on the tv to play 'hooked' at full volume. i silently swore to myself and reached for the remote, turning it off and going bright red as brax stared at me. 

well, no hiding now. i got up, brushing off my dress and standing beside brax, with carlos by my side. he straightened up, looking to us before explaining everything. ivy had received another threat and was on the verge. 

guilt overwhelmed me and i sat down, while the voices of brax and carlos calmed me down. brax is sending men over there immediately, double the original amount. i sighed, standing up and helping brax get the last of his bags into the car waiting. 

he hugged me tight, resting his head on mine and sighing. he rubbed my back with his hand, covered in rings. he shook carlos's hand before getting in the car waving to us and driving off. carlos slung his arm over my shoulder and we walked inside, shutting the door behind.