sixty

i landed in new york and got a snapchat from austin from a few hours ago. i couldn't wait to see him and ordered an uber immediately. guilt built up inside my stomach as i realised i was back in america. 

we had ten minutes until their show was starting and i had only just gotten my bags. i quickly rushed to my car and he got to the venue within fifteen minutes. i was late, and i didn't know how i was going to get inside without being seen but i knew i would figure something out. 

i was face to face with a huge sign featuring the boys, smiling to myself seeing austin. i guess i have previous experience with sneaking into places because i managed to get into the venue without sparking interest. 

i could hear music from the other room, i saw a sign into backstage and luckily the security guard recognised me from austin's photos. he smiled, offering to let me in if i can prove i know him. 

i thought for a minute, i couldn't show him a photo of us because he would just assume i was anybody. i decided to show him a video of austin and i when we went on the london star and he kissed me for a photo shoot. 

s- you are lola! please, make your way through. 

i thanked him and quickly put my bags down. he was surprised when i exited backstage and made my way into the crowd but wished me luck. i had made it inside and barely anyone noticed which helped. 

they hadn't noticed me and it was one of the best things i had ever seen. i sang along in awe and smiled seeing my boyfriend doing what he loves. it reminded me of when i went to see jack perform but i had to focus on austin now. 

their last song was near, and it was summer on you. more and more girls had recognised me and helped me get to the front row. i was at austin's feet and knew his part was coming up. he looked around before trailing the front row with his eyes. 

our eyes met and he didn't notice at first, just glancing over. i laughed to myself as he walked away from the edge and then realised. he turned around slowly, mouth open and eyes wide. he looked shocked as the crowd laughed. 

the chorus was coming up and i ushered for him to keep singing and he did, smiling hugely as he did. during the last verse he got down on one knee in front of me, reaching out for my hand and kissing it between lyrics. 

the show had finished and everyone was lining up for vip. i went at the back of the line, feeling nerves as i got closer. when i was about to go up, austin was looking around and i smiled. they all looked in my direction as i was last.

austin ran to me with his arms open, kissing my neck as i was brought close into his arms. he left kisses all along, leading up to my lips where he planted a slow and passionate kiss. i hugged him, looking over his shoulder to see the boys wave. 

i hadn't seen them in ages, they had changed so much. i parted with austin, moving over and hugging each of them once. i went back to austin, feeling his arm wrap around my lower back. we were talking and catching up until their manager came over. 

m- sorry to interrupt guys but i have an update. 

brandon- shoot. 

m- so i'm more than happy for lola to continue on with the tour but our flight leaves very soon. 

i whispered in austin's ear, asking him where the next stop was. 

a- we have a stopover in la...

my heart sunk, knowing i would be going back there. i wanted to run, and austin must've sensed it because his grip became firm and reassuring. he smiled at me with soft eyes, knowing how i felt.