thirtyseven

it's my birthday today, although i've woken up alone. i wish ivy could be here. i could hear jack talking to carlos downstairs and noticed my phone ringing with ivy's id. 

i- happy birthday angel!

l- thankyou ives, wish you were here. 

i- me too, but my present should be there soon.

l- ooh what is it?

i- brax will tell you more. hey, i have to go, i have an ultrasound in a few minutes but i'll call you later?

l- good luck, speak to you soon 

i- kisses 

jack appeared at the doorway, smiling. he jumped on the bed and hugged me. he got up and kissed me passionately, before parting and kissing my shoulder quickly. 

j- happy birthday baby

l- thank you

j- finally eighteen

l- finally

he held my hand and pulled me out of bed and i went into my closet, trying to find something to wear. i decided on a short orange dress, with nude heels. i started on my hair, making something out of it before starting on my makeup. 

all finished i went downstairs to see brax and carlos sitting on the kitchen bench. they had a stack of waffles and berries laid out, smiling as i hugged them each. 

c- happy birthday lols 

b- happy birthday

l- thank you

they sat across from me as i took berries and threw them into my mouth. i noticed jack wasn't here and they laughed, explaining how he thought i should spend my birthday with my brothers. 

c- but don't worry, he'll be at the club tonight

i smiled gleefully, i love my parties, they're the highlight of the year. everyone always has the best times but it is very exclusive, although well known. i excitedly finished my breakfast, carlos was planning it this year as ivy couldn't. 

brax apologized as he had to head back to the warehouse but i said i'd see him later. i sat with carlos, smiling and wrestling with our feet while we were both on our phones. i was going through birthday posts when i heard the doorbell ring. 

carlos and i raced each other to the door, i pushed him back and he fell onto the couch laughing. i ran up the steps to the front door and opened it smiling, i was shocked when a man handed me a giant bouquet of flowers. 

i was surprised but thanked the delivery boy. i signed the waiver and carried the flowers to the table. they were beautiful, red roses with white roses making out an 'l'. i noticed a gold note card sticking out the top and carlos grabbed it before i could. 

c- to our beautiful lola, happy birthday. love the why don't we boys. well isn't that cute?

i snatched the card from his hands, smiling to him and reading the card myself. i grinned and put the card back, setting the bouquet on the center table. carlos had already made himself comfortable on the couch, playing video games. 

i wanted to mess with him, i facetimed ivy as i figured she would be out of her appointment by now. she answered on the first ring, smiling and waving when she came into view. sliding across the marble floor, i slid in and out of the camera, making her laugh and hearing carlos groan. 

he was trying to talk to someone through the headset but i was sliding around behind him. i knew it wouldn't be long until he snapped and he did. he turned around dramatically, tearing the headset from his ears and looked at me.