thirtyfive

jack and i have been drifting apart, slowly. it's been two months and i've been in the warehouse everyday. since ivy's left, i've been taking on her deals, double everything. i feel bad for leaving him and i'm going around to make dinner for him later. 

we're about to go into a deal now, with a gang from the east coast. isaac and i are leading it, making sure we have everything ready to go. we head off with a team of ten, ending with a team of nine. 

we rushed back into the warehouse, hauling isaac into the medics and screaming for help. they took him into surgery immediately, i followed in. they cut off his shirt, tending to the open wound. 

they got the bullet out but his heart rate was increasing, they pushed me out of the room and i waited anxiously for news on his condition. it had been four hours when our head doctor came out, looking distraught. 

d- angel, do you mind if i meet with you and your brother?

l- of course

we went up to brax's office in silence, falling into tension when brax saw us both. the doctor was covered in blood, obviously coming straight from isaac's surgery. he sat us down, explaining the process of isaac's condition, telling us he was stable. 

brax and i sighed in relief, but was confused to why the doctor was reaching into his pocket. we leaned over in curiosity and was taken back when he pulled out a bullet. 

d- this is the bullet he was shot with, and if you look closely, there is a message engraved. 

he passed it carefully to brax, who looked at it with concern. it seemed like he didn't want to give it to me, but i forced him to. i was taken back when i read the message, my heart sank for my best friend on the other side of the world. 

'one down, two to go'

i knew what this meant, it was from the person threatening ivy. brax didn't hesitate to call carlos into the meeting, telling him every detail and requiring the juniors to start immediately. carlos didn't say a word, just nodded and did what brax said. 

l- what do you want me to do?

b- nothing. work the club tonight, i won't be there and neither will isaac. 

i shook my head, leaving while brax was on the phone to natasha. i knew what this meant, considering isaac was down, brax would need natasha by his side for the time. i was halfway to the main floor when i realised i wouldn't be able to spend tonight with jack. 

sadness washed over me and i didn't hesitate to call him, telling him everything that happened, with the deal, isaac and the bullet. 

j- oh my god, lola are you okay?

l- i'll be fine, but i have to run the club tonight which means i can't make dinner. i'm so sorry. 

j- don't stress baby, brax needs you and i'll see you soon. 

l- i love you

j- love you too 

i reached the floor and walked out to see every set of eyes on me. i sighed, shooting a look to the men. my heels echoed in the room, they eventually continued talking and one of my brother's men came over. 

m- angel?

l- yes?

m- we'd like to ask if you wanted assistance at the club tonight?

l- i will be fine, thank you.

he nodded and left, i took my drink to go and got in the back of the car to go home. instead of going home, i went to the why don't we house. i have clothes there i can get changed into, for now i need to see jack.