twenty

we pulled into our house and selena started breathing heavily. i smiled at her as we walked up to the doorway, grabbing my key out and unlocking the door. i took her hand as we walked inside, looking around. 

i heard talking in the dining room and we slowly walked in, being bombarded by ivy. she was back early and hugged both selena and i tightly. once she had let us go, we were faced with brax and my mother and father, with a boy nervously looking at me. 

brax's face tensed when he saw selena, she looked down and i offered her a seat, sitting in between her and brax. my mother smiled, so did my father. my father mouthed a 'thankyou' to me, signalling selena. i nodded, smiling. 

c- niños (children), this is carlos...

he smiled, raising his hand and darting his eyes to all of us. stopping on me and smiling. i smiled, getting up and hugging him, this caused everyone else to copy. when he came to selena, his expression was shocked, he hugged her while still constantly smiling. 

we sat back down, talking about the family business which caused selena to become awkward, my father noticed and changed the subject. carlos wants to work at the los angeles base, be as strong as brax and run the gang one day. 

we decided to make the occasion more informal and go to the living room. i sat next to carlos and learnt about his time in australia. he grew up in sydney, training constantly because he found an escape while training. 

he loved music, he sings and produces under a stage name. he showed me some of his songs released and i loved them, his eyes widened as i told him my admiration. i told him about chantel's new song, and producing music daily privately. i offered to show him my set up and took him into the recording studio. 

he was shocked when we entered the room, i pulled back the chair and motioned for him to sit down

he was shocked when we entered the room, i pulled back the chair and motioned for him to sit down. he did and i explained everything i used, and how. i showed him a recent mix i was making of 'preacher man' by the driver era. 

his excitement made me happy, genuinely happy. i opened the door to the booth and he stepped inside, i started playing one of his songs and he sang along. soon a few of my friends came up. they use the studio for their music and were way better than me, they were admiring carlos' voice as i mixed the song. 

i got up, letting one of my friends take my place and put his own spin on it. once carlos came out, they decided to have some fun. i grabbed my camera and started filming, my family joined us and sat on one of the couches, enjoying the music as i filmed. 

once we finished, brax took carlos to the warehouse, while i stayed with selena as she obviously didn't feel comfortable. we sat with my parents and ivy, watching tv until my father spoke. 

r- selena, thank you for coming today. 

s- of course, family means everything

ivy and i got the memo and left the room, going upstairs and into ivy's room. i helped her unpack as we listened to the conversation downstairs. my father was trying to convince selena to come home, but she wasn't going to. 

back and forth until my father finally admitted that selena has the perfect life for her, they came to an agreement to settle terms. selena would visit the family as much as she could, although she would not meet at warehouses or sinaloa. 

i heard brax's car pull into the drive and car doors shut. we stood out on the balcony and watched carlos, brax and emilio walk inside. carlos was walking upstairs and smiled at ivy and i, before sighing. 

c- mamá said that you would show me my room?

l- oh of course, right through here. 

we walked through to his room which was across from mine and next to ivy's. it was a black themed room, with a mini music setup in the corner, with a tv and couch in front of the bed. he was speechless as he entered the room, sitting on the edge of the bed as ivy and i showed him around. 

l- so this is your tv, we all have one, it's got netflix and youtube, and every channel in the area. 

i- your music setup is pretty much a smaller version of the one upstairs

l- and then your bathroom is through that door, closet in this door and bed is well, there. 

he nodded, thanking us both before looking around himself. we left him alone for a minute while he unpacked and ivy and i went into our own rooms. i decided to edit the footage of this afternoon, merging music into the clips. 

about an hour later, carlos appeared at my doorway, leaning over my shoulder and watching my screen as i played the video. he smiled and laughed at the funny moments of this morning. i sent it to him and he thanked me, sitting on the couch behind me. 

i swung around in my chair and he posed, i laughed and soon selena and brax were at the doorway. smiling and nodding, signalling they had made up. they both sat beside carlos, we learnt more about him, laughing as he tried to explain the last fifteen years in a short amount of time. 

it was like we knew him forever, he was one of us and there was no denying it. for the first time in weeks i felt like the fire was lit inside me again, and it was because of my little brother's smile. he constantly made me feel worth something, and when selena and brax went out for dinner, he was more open to me than i had ever been. 

c- i always knew i had someone in this world who would make me feel like this. i knew there was someone in this world who i would have an indescribable bond with and now i've found that person, it's you lola. 

l- we're family, i will always be here for you and i love you. 

c- i love you too.

lola

liked by jackaverymusic, ivy, oneruel and 4,509,088 others

lola i just want to thank you for being my reason to look forward to the next day 💕

tagged: oneruel

oneruel i love you 💜

oneruel 

liked by lola, king, ivy and 12,095 others

oneruel amazing experience tonight with the people i love 🎵

tagged: lola king ivy

lola you're amazing x

king proud of ya

ivy kid's got music skills