sixtyfour

-three years later- 

i woke up feeling sick to my stomach, seeing meg sprawled across the bed next to me and remembering passing out. i laughed to myself before feeling an urge to throw my guts up. i ran to my bathroom, hearing meg groan from waking up. 

she rushed over, holding my hair back. once i finished and cleaned up, i sat on the bench in silence. both meg and i didn't want to bring it up, but eventually we had to. 

m- when was the last time you and jack-

l- meg. 

m- it's a possibility 

l- can we not have this conversation while my little brother is standing in the doorway. 

she opened the door to see carlos standing there, flustered. he obviously didn't want us to know he was listening. meg moved so he could fit in the bathroom. he leaned against the bench next to me while i held my legs. 

c- lola?

l- i don't want to talk about it. 

c- we have to. 

m- wow i've never seen carlos this mature

she laughed which caused me to smile, but being brought back to reality when i looked at carlos. he's nineteen now, driving around and able to boss me around. these three years have flown by completely. 

the why don't we boys and myself are closer than ever, raising toulouse together. carlos has been wandering around, checking on ashley every so often. he flies all around the country, visiting our new bases. 

selena is always over, constantly being an overprotective older sister. selena, meg and i have become particularly close, always being together somehow. 

carlos and i have completely lost contact with brax, the only one of us that has spoken with him is meg, who is engaged to him. it's ironic, she didn't want to say yes but carlos and i brought her to her senses. 

the only reason she wasn't going to say yes was because of the rivalry but we assured her that it wasn't important. although she is adamant she doesn't want the wedding until brax and i have solved our differences. 

jack and i are still together, but nothing more. carlos waved his hand in front of my face, causing me to look at him. he gave me a look and i sighed, jumping off the bench and going downstairs. my phone buzzed and i noticed it was eleven am. 

i have training in an hour, i turned around to go back upstairs to get changed when meg and carlos blocked my way. i stared at them, trying to figure out what game they're playing and neither of them moved. 

c- you've got a doctor's appointment in half hour, i suggest you get dressed for that. 

l- i don't need to go

m- pregnant or not, just think of it like a checkup. 

l- nope. 

c- meg's going to go with you. 

she smiled at me, and i rolled my eyes, agreeing to go. carlos went into brax's old office, probably talking to papá. meg and i went upstairs, finding an outfit and then getting ready. i slouched around, trying to convince carlos and meg that i wasn't pregnant. 

we got in the car and meg wouldn't let me drive, so she did. when we got to the doctors, i suddenly felt sick again, but not like i was going to throw up. what if i was pregnant? what would jack think of me?

the whole appointment was a blur, the testing was irrelevant, i just wanted to know already. i sat in the chair with my hand in meg's as we waiting impatiently. the doctor returned with a clipboard, smiling from ear to ear.