sixtyfive

he stood there speechless, and so did i. i didn't know his reaction, waiting impatiently. i realised that he still wasn't dressed, apologising and leaving the room. it didn't take him long to open the door, still shirtless. 

he hugged me again, this time parting with glossy eyes. 

j- i can't believe this

l- you're happy?

j- i'm over the moon lola

i hugged him tight, before he lifted my head and kissed me softly. we sat down on the couch, i pulled a blanket over my legs and he continued to question me about everything possible; names, godparents, where we're going to live. 

jack and i don't live together, but now we have to think about our family. almost everything was decided within a few hours, but not everything. jack wants to invite everyone over tonight to share the news but i insisted on telling one person before he did. 

we separated, he had to go to rehearsals while i organised lunch for meg and i. i met her at the cafe on rodeo drive, seeing her inside and feeling my stomach drop. i was so nervous, yet so excited. 

jack and i practiced what i was going to say, but now it was really happening and i didn't know how she would take it. this girl is my best friend, soon to be my sister-in-law, i trust her with my whole life. 

she called me over to the table she was sitting at, explaining how she already ordered for us. i thanked her and her smile turned to concerned almost immediately. 

m- lols? you okay?

l- better. 

m- what's going on?

right before i was about to announce my news, our drinks were brought over and we were interrupted. we thanked the waiter and continued our conversation, making her very impatient. i sighed, and looked at her smiling. 

m- what women what?

l- i'm pregnant!

she almost choked on her smoothie, looking to me silently before jumping out of her seat and bombarding me with hugs. i hugged her back and she started questioning me about almost everything jack did. 

l- well there's a reason i wanted to speak to you before tonight. 

m- what's tonight?

l- jack's planning a party to tell everyone

m- party time baby!

l- yes but i need to ask you something in private...

m- of course?

l- will you be the godmother?

m- are you kidding? it would be my honor darling!

i hugged her again, and we spoke in enthusiasm about the baby. i find out the gender soon and she's hoping for a girl, but i secretly think it's going to be a boy. we soon paid and the waiter congratulated me, obviously overhearing the screams. 

before getting into my car, i noticed selena texted me. i laughed at it and read it out loud to meg. 

l- 'hey sis, just beware for tonight, jack's going all out. enjoy lunch!'

meg laughed and we got in my car considering she ubered here. before starting the engine, meg turned to me. 

m- hey lola? have you told brax?

l- no...

m- we have a few hours to kill? are you sure you don't want to stop by?

l- i guess i should try