thirtynine

i woke up to carlos knocking on the hallway doors. he jumped on top of me, falling under the covers and shivering. i turned around to face the child who just woke me up. 

l- can i help you?

c- mom took my blankets

l- can't help you

i attempted to push him out of the bed with my feet but it didn't work, we wasn't moving. he got up and walked to my closet, walking around like a lost puppy. 

l- are you really that bored?

c- no, you need to find clothes because we're going to mazatlán on the boat.

l- can't we go later?

c- nope, i think you'll want to see what's down there. 

i sighed, getting up and pushing him out of my room and closing the door. i went over to my now open closet, getting out a bikini and putting it on. i threw on a cover up, grabbing my phone and walking downstairs. 

my father was downstairs with carlos, drinking coffee while carlos proceeded to show him videos from the studio. he smiled, i went around to get an apple and watched over carlos's shoulder. 

l- papá? where's ma?

r- she had a deal this morning, won't be home until tonight

c- why aren't you in the warehouse?

r- i wanted to spend time with you guys, but unfortunately i won't be able to make it to mazatlán. 

l- it's okay, at least we have now. 

he nodded, slinging his arm around my shoulders and kissing my temple. i bit into the apple, carlos was walking around hurrying me up. i rolled my eyes at my little brother, parading around the bench waiting. 

i tossed my apple into the bin and we said goodbye to our father, heading into the jeep. we arrived at the beach and saw the yacht in the distance. i smiled to myself, feeling at peace in my happy place. 

our captain met us at the dock, letting us on immediately and taking us away on the usual course. i connected my phone to the speaker, playing 'taste' by tyga and walking over to the mini fridge. i took out two colas, passing one to carlos and opening mine. 

i sat on one of the tanning beds, laying back and absorbing the mexican sun. the feeling of comfort filled my lungs and i felt at peace, until carlos made more noise than ever expected. i didn't open my eyes but could hear the sound of thumping coming from inside. 

i ignored him, until i felt eyes on me. i heard snickering and realised what it was. i jumped at the sight of zach, jonah, corbyn and daniel standing over me. i almost fell off the sunbed from shock, but redeemed myself and hugged the boys separately. 

then i noticed jack wasn't here and my heart sunk. i love seeing the boys but i've missed jack, a lot. they started grinning again as i felt a familiar pair of arms wrap around my bare waist. i jumped up with happiness and turned, hugging jack instantly. 

he laughed softly, kissing my shoulder and then kissing me slowly. 

c- not in front of the brother please

i smiled into the kiss before parting, turning to carlos and rolling my eyes. i took jack's hand and we sat around the table in the sun. carlos got everyone drinks and we sat around, continuing to listen to music. 

we were sitting around, laughing and talking about anything and everything. i sat with my back against jack's chest, playing with his rings as he laughed at zach's impression of spongebob. i looked to the horizon and saw the sun's reflection on the water. 

i got up and climbed over jack and corbyn, getting to the deck and heading down the stairs. i could hear them asking each other where i was going but i smiled, reaching down to the water. i placed my hand in the water, slowly gliding along with the waves. 

i pressed a button to my left, letting our captain know to slow down to a halt. i settled my hand over the water, letting it drift with the current. once the yacht had slowed to a complete stop, i slid in the water easily. 

i swam on my back, noticing the sky's colors. i was in peace until six bodies jumped over the rail and fell beside me. i winced in the shock and moved underwater, being joined by jack's presence not long after. 

i smiled, joining our lips once more to be cut short by carlos. 

c- i love being the older brother when brax isn't here

he smiled gleefully and continued swimming, before going to the back of the boat and setting up the water float. everyone climbed on once it was ready, signalling to our captain to continue the journey. 

the float was like an inflatable couch, being dragged by the yacht. we laid around, watching the world beneath us as we cruised past. jack's curls were still wet, drizzling whenever he moved his head the slightest. 

i smiled, tugging one of them lightly and laughing as it bounced into it's original position. he pulled me onto his lap, kissing my neck softly. we could hear the music from the boat, although we were not close. 

it was playing daniel caesar, jack lent closer to me, rocking us as he sung the melody delicately. that's when it was quiet, everyone was in their own moment, and i was with jack. i admired my friends around me for a moment, before seeing something in the distance. 

it was a jetski, hurling towards us. i did not recognise the jetski or the driver, causing caution to strike carlos across from me. we got pulled into the yacht rapidly, reaching the deck as the mysterious figure reached the boat. 

i tried to avoid reaching for my gun, but i couldn't. carlos hadn't been trained with sneak attacks and it was up to me to save my family. i went to reach my gun but only one shot was fired, and it wasn't from me. 

lola

liked by jackaverymusic, ivy, imzachherron and 4,903,295 others

lola drifting slowly

pc- corbynbesson

jackaverymusic you're beautiful 😻

lola jackaverymusic so are you ;)

ivy i miss you 💙

lola ivy miss you too, not long now!

seaveydaniel best day

jonahmarais best memories

imzachherron best food

corbynbesson best music

lola seaveydaniel jonahmarais imzachherron corbynbesson best people x