fourteen

it's a quarter after three, saying everything we mean

we woke up to my mother packing everything for lunch. i was confused but helped her pack the last of it. 

l- why are we packing the lunch mamá?

c- your father wants to have lunch on the yacht...

l- how extra. i love it.

she laughed softly as we put the lunches into a basket, ready to take. it was eleven thirty and we were meeting brax and twelve on the docks. ivy and my father were still asleep so i went into the cinema room and tried to wake them up. 

ivy woke up but it was difficult to wake my father. we both jumped on him, tried waking him up. he wrapped his arms around us and covered all three of us in the blankets. i managed to get up and so did ivy, eventually he got up and we all got ready. 

considering we were going back on the yacht, i wore a brown bikini with a cover up. ivy wore the same but with her bikini. once we were downstairs, we knew exactly what my father was going to say, and he did. after much convincing from my mother, he let ivy and i go. 

we got to the yacht just a few minutes after twelve, and to no surprise, brax was already on the boat. he jumped off and onto the dock, smirking. he greeted mamá and papá with sympathy and love, something he rarely shows anyone other than ivy and i. 

he jumped on ivy and i, smothering us in kisses. we laughed and he let go, following my father onto the boat. they both stopped as brax whispered something in his ear. i ignored it and walked up onto the deck, noticing my father hop over to the wheel and greet the captain. 

he quickly turned on the engine and we left dock, sitting with everyone on the top deck. my mother had given the food to the staff in the kitchen to handle while we caught up. my father's facial expressions started to worry me, he looked eager to tell us something. 

as he was about to speak, there was a huge noise downstairs where the bedrooms were, i offered to go look but brax stopped me abruptly. i shrugged it off and sat back down, directing my attention to my father. 

r- i'm sorry to spring this on you, but you're all here and it's the best time. 

b- padre?

r- you have a hermano más joven (younger brother)

brax laughed but i just stared straight, i have a little brother but never knew. 

c- we're so sorry, but it was the right thing to do at the time. we were getting threats from enemies, enemies that we now know how to eliminate. they were telling us that if we had the baby, it would come with a bounty on it's head. 

r- we knew for sure that we did not want to kill him, we wanted to send him somewhere safe until those enemies were no more. 

c- and now, it's time for him to come home. 

b- can we know more, about him?

r- his name is mark, well his birth name was carlos. he has lived in australia for the past fifteen years and trained with some of our men. he knows about us, but only recently found out about la eme so please, when he comes, be careful with brutality of stories. 

l- of course. 

i could see the pain in their eyes as they told us about him, mentioning the story of what they did. i can't imagine the guilt they've experienced over the past fifteen years. i looked at brax and he had compassion in his eyes, looking like he wanted to hug mamá.