Chapter 7- Stutters

Jai’s POV

The party, recording Baby Annabelle and being at Carter’s house was so awkward. We would occasionally glance at each other and look away. There was one time where I really just wanted to say hello, but I couldn’t choke out the words. That night when we got home from Carter’s I vowed to myself that I would speak to her on Monday. I really need to get over this shy insecurity about myself, and really just be who I am; I shouldn’t let other people scare me off.

--

I woke and quickly got ready for school, hoping that I would get there early and sort of rehears what I would say to Carter. I left the house at 8 am and arrived at school at 8:15 am. I usually go to school with Luke but I really needed to work out what to say. I walked into the boys toilets and stood firmly in front of the mirror. I stared at myself, how pathetic am I? I have to practise lines to speak to a girl. But she is a pretty girl like a really pretty girl, so basically I can’t even. Oh god I’m turning into my brother.

After about 10 minutes of standing in the mirror saying lines, I decided to just go with whatever words come out of my mouth. I exited the bathroom and went outside, to see that the whole group had arrived. Carter was there, happily giggling and smiling. That girl has a smile that could lighten up the whole world, on its darkest hour.

I was fast approaching the group, with my mind on what to say. But once I reached them the bell rung. Dam it! I had it worked out, I just lost my chance. Maybe I can try at lunch.

I went to my locker and grabbed my books for class, god forbid I have calculus and that whore Beth is in my class. She’s the usual big tits, blonde hair kind of girl. Most of our fans think that’s what I’m into, but I actually prefer girls who respect themselves and girls that wear jeans and jumpers, wow major turn on.

I sat down in class and began my work. But I was interrupted by Beth sitting next to me with her giggly snobby attitude.

“Hey Jai.” She perked while chewing on her gum.

“Erm hi.” I replied smugly.

“What did you do this week end?” She quizzed in a high pitch tone while tugging on her tacky extensions.

“I erm hung out with friends.” I replied

“Oh yeah, like who?” She asked

“You know, James, Luke, Skip Chloe and Carter.” I said happily

“Ew Carter, she’s such a slut.” Beth announced causing me to get rather pissed at her.

“You don’t even know her! So fuck off.” I hissed.

“Oh my god.” She snapped grabbing her books and moving away from me.

Thank god she is gone; her voice irritates me so much. I continued my work and that lesson was boring. It was like my pen had a mind of its own. It kept writing Carter on every page… wait is it my pen or is it actually me? I scribbled the words out so my teacher wouldn’t see it when I hand my book in.

As soon as class finished I ran out of the class room and dumped my books in my locker. I quickly made my way to where we ate and saw Carter was the only one there. I practically legged it to her, like she was dying or something. Still no one was there yet, this was perfect, and I could talk to her without any distractions. I finally reached her and I as stood only a metre from her. I sucked back my nerves and opened my mouth.

“H-e-ey.” I stuttered. Holy shit I just spoke to her.

She turned to face me with a blank expression on her face… oh god she hates me. I put my head down in shame as if she would speak to a guy like me, but then there was a ray of hope.

“Hey, what’s that look for.” She smiled slightly… Oh my god she spoke to me.

“Oh u-um I though you weren’t going to speak to me.” I stumbled over my words.

“Are you kidding, of course I would speak to you?” She laughed slightly at me shyness.

“Oh well that’s good then.” I smiled.

We stood in awkward silence for a few minutes, but then the whole group piled over and it began getting louder and louder. Carter and I were trying to hear each other over the screams, but that was no use.

“DO YOU WANT TO COME TO THE UNDERAGE PARTY THIS FRIDAY?” I screamed over everyone.

“YEAH SURE!” She shouted back.

YAY! She wants to come. Oh my lord I sound like a fangirling person.

--

Carter’s POV

“Jai asked me out, Jai asked me out!” I chanted while skipping around my room with excitement.

I literally feel on top of the world, like no one could stop me. Jai asked me to the underage party and I have great friends. This move has actually turned out to be a great idea. Even though I miss the Gold Coast, I think my mum might have been right when she said that she thinks this is for the best.

I fell onto my bed after minutes of skipping. I was smiling like an idiot, but I’m just so happy. Jai actually spoke to me and I didn’t make the first move, when I thought I had to. But actually at the start of today I was rehearsing lines to say to Jai, but nothing seemed right so I didn’t say anything.

I’m over the moon. That’s all I can say! I couldn’t be happier.