Chapter 33- Reminder

Carter’s POV

2 Months later

Uni is going great; I’ve been put into an advanced class for reporting, for some reason I am excelling in this and I’m so happy about that. Jai and I have recently re-connected in both our emotional and physical relationship… if you know what I mean. The ring is the perfect fit and we have put some plans down for the wedding, I mean we’re still kids so it’s not going to perfect.

--

I was sitting in my class chatting to a few of my friends about where we wanted to go in life. For me I really want to be a host of T.V shows and interview people, and I hope I get to that one day. I turned away from my friends for a second and then turned back a little too fast. I felt my stomach drop and my face and whole body get warm. My breathing got really heavy and fast, and I didn’t know what was going on. I raised my hand slowly.

“Yes Carter?” The teacher said.

“Can I please go to the bathroom Sir?” I quizzed my face began to sweat.

“Sure.”

I got up and ran to the closest bathroom, my heels clicking on the pavement. I pushed the door open to the bathroom and collapsed to the floor. I flicked the toilet seat up and threw up my guts. I was in there for what seemed like forever, my stomach was queasy and I remembered I had had this feeling before, back when I was 15. It was back when I had that- that- when I had that pregnancy scare! I freaked out, I really don’t want to go through this again, it was awful then and it’s going to be awful now!

After I finished in the bathroom, I picked myself up and went back to my room, I forgot about my class for that day. I sat down on my bed and stared blankly at the wall, before I realised that I should probably tell Jai what’s happening.

We should have been more careful, I knew we weren’t protected. After he proposed I had never loved him so much, so I thought everything would be fine so we had sex.

--

I chucked on a baggy grey jumper and a pair of jeggings. I made my way over to Jai’s Uni room. I knocked on the door and quickly wiped away a few tears that had fallen before. He opened the door and stared at me.

“Is room-mate gone?” I sniffled.

“Yeah, come in.” He smiled. “Is everything okay? You look like you’ve been crying.” He added as I walked into the room and took a seat on his bed.

“Um… I have.” I looked down.

“How come sweetie?” He quizzed.

“Before in class I got really sick and I threw up in the bathroom, and it reminded me of that time back when I was 15…” I said.

“Wait… are you saying… Carter, are you pregnant?” He questioned moving himself closer to me.

“I don’t know for sure, I haven’t taken a test… but I think I am.” I replied. “Jai, I don’t want to be alone this time, I was alone the last time… will you be with me when I take the test?” I added throwing my arms around Jai.

“Of course.” He replied placing a kiss on my forehead.

--

After a few minutes of hugging we got up and drove to the nearest chemist. We stood in the isle staring at all the selections of tests.

“There’s so many!” I sighed.

“How about this one, it says 100% accurate.” Jai smiled awkwardly.

“Okay.” I replied grabbing the test and walking over to the counter.

I handed the test to the lady and she scanned it.

“Expecting?” She quizzed.

“Um, we’re not sure yet.” I replied.

“Well that’s $25.” She smiled.

I opened my purse and handed her the money. I grabbed the test and Jai and I walked out of the chemist. Fucking expensive shit! I have no idea how I will support this baby, I’m going to have to leave school or something.

We sat in Jai’s car for a moment; the silence was pain stakingly awkward. I felt my eyes getting puffy and tears well up in my eyes.

“I’m s-o-o sca-red.” I choked the tears were uncontrollable.

“Baby, it’s okay… I love you.” Jai said placing his arm around my shoulder.

I rested my head on Jai’s shoulder and we sat there for ages, just staring into nothing and saying nothing as well. Finally Jai turned the key and drove back off to the campus.

I walked into his room as did he.

“Okay, well I best go do this.” I said with an awkward smile.  

“Just remember, no matter what that test says… I will always love you! No matter what!” He said placing another kiss on my forehead.

I stepped into the bathroom, locking the door behind me. I pushed down my jeans and sat on the toilet, peeing on the stick.

After that I pulled my jeans up and walked over to the sink, I placed the test down and washed my hands. I looked over to the test and flipped it open and it revealed mine and Jai’s fate.

I re-joined Jai, he was sat on the edge of his bed with his head in his hands. He looked up and I saw those gorgeous brown eyes, the same brown eyes I had fallen in love with three years ago.

“What does it say?” He quizzed standing up and walking over to me.

I paused for a second before replying to his question.

“It’s positive Jai.”

Please please comment, and please please please with cherry's on top VOTE FOR MY STORY XOXOXO