Chapter 4: Change

"Change, like sunshine, can be a friend or a foe, a blessing or a curse, a dawn or a dusk."
                                  -William Arthur Ward.

The wooden doors swung open in perfect synchronization. The loud groan of the wood filled your ears, causing your stomach to sink in dread.

It seemed as though the room had gone deathly silent, even the stone castle appeared to not make a sound as two men entered into the open space of the ballroom.

The first man you noticed, had hair as dark as night, his skin as pale as the moon. His eyes glowed an amber orange color, different shades of tangerine swirled in his pupils.

He wore dark clothing, which appeared to be made of shining silk. A navy blue button down shirt covered his chest, and black trousers, similar to Jimin's, covered his legs.

The other man was a few inches taller than his companion. Hair of a striking cherry red color, was styled smoothly, framing his handsome face.

His clothes reminded you of Taehyung's, except they were not white. The robes that encased his body were made of an onyx black material. A hood covered his head, the dark color contrasting his pale face.

His eyes also glowed a bright orange color, amber speckling throughout his strong gaze.

You frowned deeply.

Have these people never seen sunlight before? They were so pale!

That's when you remembered.

Their kingdom was cursed in darkness, sunlight was probably very rare behind the great stone wall.

Jimin was the first to speak.

"Yoongi, it's good to see you again, my friend."

The silver haired boy walked towards the raven haired male and wrapped his arms around him in a hug.

The ravenette simply rolled his eyes affectionately and lazily returned his friends embrace.

The red headed man smiled at the scene before him, shaking Jimin's hand once the prince released Yoongi.

"Hoseok. Always good to see you."

Hoseok nodded, his orange gaze trailing to yours.

"Oh. There's a guest?"

Your eyes widened slightly, heart beat thumping loudly in your ears. You offered a small wave, watching as Yoongi, turned to eye you curiously, his eyebrow raising slightly.

"A woman? Is she one of Jin's whores?"

Your brows raised and your blue eyes widened impossibly further. He was supposed to be a prince!? He had terrible manners!

Taehyung took a single step forward, his brows furrowing together in anger.

"She is here as my guest."

Yoongi cocked his head to the side as he stared you down, with curious eyes.

"Ah. My apologies, maiden."

You nodded slightly, trying to maintain your composure.

"It's alright."

Hoseok released a chuckled and pulled the black hood off of his head, revealing even more of his cherry red hair.

"You mustn't think ill of Yoongi, my lady. If you knew prince Jin, you would understand his genuine curiosity."