Chapter 18

(ORIGINALLY POSTED 28 MAY '18)

"Hey guys do you wanna hang out after school?" I ask the others at lunch. That class with Mrs Michaels was so much better than with the witch.

"Yeah sure, we're all hanging in Jakes room, are you not seeing Mr Colt for Maths?" Ali asks as we get our lunch.

"No, I told him I was busy, I feel like I need a break from Maths for a day or so, hang out with you guys" I say, half of it is a lie, obviously.

"Ok cool, we'd love for you to join" Ali says as we finish getting food. We make our way to Jake and Elliott.

"I am starving" I say as I sit with my food.

"Addi is gonna hang with us after school" Ali informs them.

"Sure but how come?" Jake asks.

"Just a break from learning, let my hair down for a bit you know, spend time with you all" I say.

"Awesome!" Elliott says in a bit of excitement. Ok.

Lunch finishes and our lessons somehow fly by. I have Maths last and after class I try to leave, I will tell him about the 'date' with Ashley but not today.

"Miss Taylor can I have a word?" Mr Colt asks. I stop in my tracks and turn to face him.

"Yeah sure but I can't stay long" I say.

"Please stay for a Maths session" He begs. We watch the last person leave the room so that we can talk more privately.

"I can't today" I say.

"We have some things to talk about, what you wanted to tell me earlier, and I've got news on the witch" He says as tries to plead with me to stay.

"What about her?" I ask curious as I drop my bag to the floor and walk over to him. I haven't seen her since Mrs Raven pulled her out of class.

"She has been suspended, Mrs Raven told me at lunch, she wasn't happy about it and put up a fight saying the allegations were false and someone had it in for her, Mrs Raven had to get her escorted from the school, I'm not sure if she has gone yet as she had to go to her room to pack her things" He informs me. Well that's good news!

"She was pulled out of class when I had her earlier, Mrs Raven came for her, she took action very immediate" I say.

"And the other thing you wanted to talk to me about has been on my mind since you said so, it's after school and we're on our own, can you tell me now?" He asks.

"Stefan I haven't got time to talk about it, Jake, Ali and Eli are waiting for me, I promise we'll talk later" I say as I try to assure him, I put my hand on his cheek, it feels spiky with his facial hair, I love it.

"Addison, I want us to be honest with each other, if there is something bothering you, you can talk to me, I'm not the type of guy that snaps into rage when I hear something I don't like, I like to think of myself as an approachable person" He says. I give him a gentle kiss.

"You are approachable, I love talking to you, I will tell you what I want to tell you, but it's probably going to be a conversation that lasts more than 5 minutes and I don't have 5 minutes" I say and he sighs.

"Ok, I understand, you should go and be with your friends, we'll talk later" He says. I give him a quick kiss.

"I love you" I say which makes him smile.

"I love you too, now get out of here and have fun" He says and I smile, I turn to grab my bag and feel a hand grab my butt which makes me jolt forward as I turn back to him and see he's stood with the biggest grin as he tries not to laugh.