Escaping

Tiffany pov

After ending the call with Sunny, I faced the pregnant woman who was breathing even more heavier than before. Lucky for us, the man who was pointing his gun at us was stupid. He did not load his gun and I had the time to shoot the sleeping dart on his leg. We were now in a dark room near the captain's room. It was dim but I could still see around. I think it was a store room as there were cleaning materials, ropes and extra life jackets inside. I turned towards the woman and felt bad and scared.

"Are you okay? Is it... like... the baby... is it going to come out already?" I stammered as I was unsure on what to say.

"Argh! Please help me. I think I'm... AAAAAHHHH..." She cried in pain and I quickly held her hand so that she squeeze it to bear the pain. She held her stomach and closed her eyes so tight that I could see veins appearing beside her eyes. Sweat dripped down her forehead and she was biting on her lip hard.

Feeling panicked, I decided to lean her on the wall. Still holding her hand, I wiped her sweat with a towel I found in my bag and comforted her with soothing words. Suddenly, a loud explosion was heard outside. My heart jumped as I was startled by the sound. I looked at the woman and she was unfazed by the sound. I quickly pressed my earpiece to call for help.

"This is Agent Pink. I'm in need of help now. There's a pregnant lady who is about to give birth and we are unable to escape from the ship. Please send help." I said through the earpiece and waited for a reply. However, my attention was diverted when the woman pulled my hand.

"Help me... the baby is coming," She told me weakly and started to push. My eyes widened as I was totally unsure on what to do. I thought about the dramas I had watched and remembered some scenes of giving birth.

"Tell me what to do please." I said confidently and the woman nodded. She started pulling down her pants and so I quickly helped her to do so. However, just as I was about to fully pull down her pants, the door burst open and I turned towards it. A familiar figure stood at the entrance.

"Oppa!" I called and he hurried over to my side. Then, a 2 paramedics followed him inside. The woman groaned in pain and squeezed my hand tight.

The paramedics instructed me to stay beside the woman and to support her through the delivery. In Sung stood behind me awkwardly. I sat beside her watching the scene. The paramedics pulled down her pants and placed a towel over her legs. Then they opened her legs and was ready to catch the baby.

"On your next contraction, push as hard as you can." The paramedic told her and she just nodded weakly. After a few pushes and shoutings and pain, a cry echoed in the room. The woman breathed out hard and slumped on the wall. I hugged her and said encouraging words to her. After several minutes, a cry was heard. After cutting the umbilical cord, the baby was snuggling in his mother's arm. I watched in awe as it was the first time I had seen a newborn baby and the pain of giving birth.

The woman thanked me many times as we were carried to land. I smiled with pride as I had successfully completed another mission. I watched the ambulance transporting the mother and baby to the hospital and was just about to leave when I was reminded of Tae Yeon and Jessica. Quietly and quickly, I left the scene that had started to be filled with curious people. As I was walking, a hand pulled me aside. The first thing my instinct told me was to kick the person. A familiar groan was heard and I turned to see In Sung oppa holding his stomach.

"Why did you do that? I just wanted to help you leave the crowd in case somebody sees us. " He groaned and bent down. Feeling guilty, I hurried over to his side and rubbed his back.

"I'm so sorry. I thought you were someone dangerous." I apologised quickly and regretted for following my instinct. Just as I was about to bend down to help him up, In Sung got up and gave a peck on my cheeks before starting to walk away. I stood still, shocked by his actions. I touched the part where he had kissed and smiled sheepishly. Then I followed In Sung oppa who was heading to the car that was moved to land by the police. He stopped outside the passenger's door and opened the door for me.