Surprise

Tiffany pov

Once I reached home, panting, I was greeted by an expressionless Tae Yeon. Instead of pulling me into the dorm, Tae Yeon pushed me out and locked the door. Before I could say anything, I was pulled to the lift. While waiting for the lift to arrive, I faced her and asked ," Where are we going? What happened?"

From Tae Yeon, no response but I could see a small smile forming on her lips. But it disappeared within minutes. Then she said ," Just follow me." Even though curiosity was creeping over me, I decided to just get dragged by her. I was feeling too tired to do anything else.

About 30 minutes later...

I was surprised to be standing infront of the SM building. "What are we doing here? I thought you said something happened. What kind of emergency is this?" I urged her to answer me. This time, Tae Yeon winked at me and blew a kiss.

"Just follow me," She said again and I sighed, as I walked into the building. I greeted those staff who walked past me and I could feel my face muscles being strained from the smiles and eye smiles I gave them. When I realised that the distance between Tae Yeon and I was widening, I quickened my steps to be directly beside her.

"Why are you walking so fast?" I asked as I hopped into the lift with Tae Yeon. "Don't you remember what today is?" Instead of answering, she also asked me a question.

"Today is 1 August? Tae Yeon ah, if there is nothing important, can you let me go home? I'm really tired." I stifled a yawn as I faced Tae Yeon who was shaking her head.

"Wah, are you really busy these days? Now I feel sorry for you," She sighed and continued shaking her head. I shrugged and leaned on the wall as I heard the lift saying 'level 5'.

Wait, level 5? Isn't this our practice room level? Huh, was there a practice I didn't know about? I didn't hear anything from the managers. But I'm too tired... I just wanna go homeee...

When we were at the front of the room, Tae Yeon knocked it thrice and waited for a few minutes before suddenly taking out a blindfold from her pocket.

"Woahhh... what are you doing?" I asked as she put it over my eyes.

"Hehehe... just wait and see!"

After the blindfold was nicely covering my eyes so that I could not see anything, I heard her opening the door and hand in hand, she led me into the room. The air conditioner was blasting which sent a shiver down my spine. The room was deathly silent. I could not hear a thing at all.

"On the count of three, open your blindfolds!" Tae Yeon instructed me, this time with an excited tone. Wow, what a quick change of mood. Slowly, I opened my blindfolds and the dark room suddenly turned bright as all the lights were turned on.

"SURPRISE!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TIFFANY!" I recognised all my members voice wishing me but could not see them at first as I winced from the sudden brightness and tried to get my vision clear. Once my vision got adjusted to the lighting, I looked around and was greatly touched from what I was seeing.

The room was decorated beautifully with balloons and streamers that were all in either pink or white. On a table filled with different types of food, all my sisters were standing behind posing and still wishing me. And behind them, a large banner stating Happy Birthday was put up. I could see and feel all the effort they put in for my birthday.

Birthday? Today is my birthday? Gosh I've been so busy with things that I forgot my own birthday. Awww... but I'm so touched by this.

Gently putting her hands on my shoulders, Tae Yeon pushed me to the table and gave a comforting squeeze before letting me go. I thanked them non- stop, truly appreciative of their efforts while they still wished me. They told me that they felt bad everytime I came home looking so tired and wanted to make me cheer up. They continued on by saying that they wanted to return the favours and help I had give them by giving me a good celebration. They knew I only had them as family in Korea to celebrate my birthday.

I was so touched by their words and an overwhelming feeling washed over me. As I thanked them again, tears started streaming down and said I was really really happy to have them with me. Suddenly, I was engulfed in a group hug as everyone started sobbing as they tried to comfort me.

After a few minutes of the touchy moments, we all stopped and crowded around the foods. I stood in front of the banner whereas the girls stood behind the table, infront of me. After lighting up the candles, they sang the birthday song wholeheartedly for me as I grinned widely. All my exhaustion and stress disappeared and was replaced by happiness and gratefulness.

Once I finished making my wish, I closed my eyes and moved towards the table to blow the cake. Just as I blowed the candles, the lights turned off again and there was complete darkness. The door opened, revealing a few guys, all in black. Black masks, black hat, black shirt, black pants. Just like those in drama. Before I could take any action, the guys skillfully fished out something looking like guns and started shooting at the members. With widened eyes, I watched the girls, one by one, falling unconsciously onto the ground. I faced the guys again and was about to run towards them when one of the gun pointed at me and something sharp hit me in the shoulder.

My whole arm felt numb and it quickly spread to other parts. I let out a groan and soon I felt my head hitting hard on the floor. I could not move at all. With eyelids that were starting to feel heavy, I could see the guys carrying the unconscious bodies out of the room. A man, also all in black, walked into the room, towards me and crouched down.

"Surprise Tiffany. Happy Birthday. Sorry for doing this on a special occassion." A familiar voice said and he gently tapped my cheeks. I wanted to get up and push him but I felt as though all my energy had been drained out. He stood up and walked towards the door. Before my vision blurred and blackened, I watched him walked away and said a name. "Nickhun."

~~~

Hi guys, sorry for the very late updates. I kept forgetting to do this but I promise I'll finish this by the end of the year. I'm thankful for the people who read this story of mine that I write just for fun. I'm planning to do another fanfic, this time on blackpink and I hope some of you would also check it out sometime in December.

I hope you guys can support my stories and if you have any ideas, drop by a message to me. Also, follow me on ig @Syiraaa_h and I hope I can try to make new frens. Honestly, I want to try widen my social circle so I hope some of you would interact with me sometimes. Again, thank you for reading this and I'm sorry for the slow updates.

P.s. I'm going to be damn busy this few months so I may not always be on wattpad :)