Chapter 1- Collision

Nialls POV

"Thank you London!!!" The crowd went wilder than usual as me and the boys took our final bow, but what else to you expect on the last night of the tour? I felt a bit sad it was coming to an end because it really was amazing! I would miss it. Then I realised what tonight was and the feelings of sadness took over with excitement. It was the big after party with ALL of our families and friends! I smiled to myself and then to the boys that were following me down the hall, backstage.

"Yipeeeeeeeeeeeee woooooooohooooooo!" I heard loud thumps on the ground coming our way, when we realised it was louis we all burst out laughing. He pirouetted in front of us before stepping into the dressing room and slamming the door behind himself with excitement.

"How the hell does he have that much energy... I want sleeeeeeeeeeeep!" Zayn groaned, fake crying into Harry's chest. We all nodded in agreement but I had a good feeling about tonight, like something great was going to happen!

Courtney's POV

My body was numb from the cold, as I huddled myself into a ball under the slide of the playground. The rain was coming down fast. I was already drenched, making my hair look blacker than usual. And no I had not been in the playground to play on the swings, I had been there to hide. From her. The bitch of school. Macy smith, yeh her name sounded innocent enough and ask any teacher, she was an Angel to teach. Bullshit.

*flash back*

"Oh yook, it's ity bity Courtney!" The unwelcome voice made me shiver,I knew I was in for a hell of an evening. It was Macy. When she came in I was standing on tip toes to reach for my locker, I had always been small for my age, another thing Macy would taunt me with.

"Do you need a wittle bit of help?" She mocked. My face turned bright red with range. Who the fuck does she think she is. I may be small but I can through a good punch.

"Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!" I yelped in pain, just as I lunged for her she dodged and my knuckles hit on the metal locker with a bang.

Macy was doubled over in laughter, I decided to go for her again. It would have been a successful punch if it wasn't for arse face Mrs Logan, that to me resembled a camel! "What. Do .you .think. You. Are DOING!" Her face screwed into a pitbull like shape and I accidentally burst out laughing. I was of course given a week of detention (which would start tonight and carry on, on Monday because it was Friday) and a phone call to my parents that were oblivious to the bullying. I knew that this wasn't the worst of it.

Leaving late from school, I entered the alleyway. That's when I saw two big hands coming for me, punching me in the face and forcing me to the ground. I unsteadily got up and ran until I reached the park. I had lost her, for now....

*end of flashback*

Remembering the earlier events of today I realised what a coward I was, hiding, I stood up with anger, banging my head on the slide. It didn't phase me though, I was too mad. I started to run, leaving my soaked bags behind. I didn't know where I was going until I reached a busy road (well, living in London all roads are busy). I made my decision within about a second running in the road without looking for cars. So what if I get hit. No one would care. I'm just a coward. I'm ugly, I'm fat, I'm worthless. I repeated it in my head when suddenly I stopped in the middle of the road...

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

Nialls POV

(A/N this starts when Courtney was still under the slide)

Looking around at the dance floor, I smiled at all of us together. In one room. It was a very rare sight.

"NIALL!" An urgent voice awoke me from my sub-conscience . Harry approached me, his eyebrows furrowed and his head shaking "Niall, she's here, she wants you back, she, she said she won't leave without you!" Harry's voice got lower. "Listen."

Sure enough I heard the voice, the irritating high pitched voice and it defiantly belonged to Julie. "NiNi, baby where are you?" Her voice got louder, she was near by. Why did she always have to come at the wrong times? I mean, seriously she has to ruin everything she is not apart of! I had to leave, I had to leave immediately. Julie and I were kind of a couple nearly 2 years back, when I was 16, however it wasn't what I wanted. She was forced on me by management. Although, she didn't seem to mind. I was like her puppet, she pulled the strings and I'd move!

I scrambled into my car to get away from Julie and the rain. I turned up the music. Driving down the main road, one of my favourite songs came on. As the beat dropped my head went back and I car danced. This always looks quite awkward so I tend to save it for when it's just me and the car... God that sounded weird!

I looked up and squinted, trying to see past the blanket of rain. That's when I saw it, a black figure in front of there car. I was going to hit her/him. There was no doubt. However I still tried to stop. I pressed down hard on the breaks screaming as I did so.

"Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!"

My car came to a stop, throwing me back violently. Not wanting to see that damage, I slowly lifted my head up, fearing for the worst.

A gush of air came out my dry lips when I saw it still standing there, a girl no more that 2 years younger than me. I forcefully pushed the door open and swung my legs out of the vehicle carelessly. My arms wrapped around the ice cold body, everyone beeping at me. I didn't care.

"Sweety? Darling, are you ok?" She nodded but otherwise did not move. My hands scooped her up as I gently laid her down in he back of my car. She needed to get to hospital. She was in shock.

.

.

.

.

.

I paced up and down the hallway just outside the room they had taken the girl to. My heart was in my mouth. All I wanted was for her to be ok. When the doctors asked me what happened all I could get out was "she... Erm car... Ran in road... Couldn't stop." They probably assumed she nearly got hit but a car but I was still wondering wether they knew I was the driver. Of course I would tell them, just not right now. She needed me.

A nurse came out, smiling brightly making her wrinkles get deeper. She was quite old to still be in work. Meh. I rushed over to her saying the first words that came to my head.

"is. What's. Is she gonna be ok? Was she hurt?"

The woman simply smiled and said "Courtney is perfectly fine" oh, so Courtney was her name. "She's just a bit shocked and will need to stay here for at least a night, she is asleep so try not to wake her."

I nodded and hurriedly made my way to the door, just as my hand reached the door nob the nurse said "Your a good boy, bringing her here, I'm sure her parents must be delighted to welcome you into there family!" For some strange reason my heart melted at the thought.