Chapter44- Happy Birthday Baby

Niall's PoV
Ever since the announcement of the wedding both Courtney and I had received mixed messages from the public and friends. Most were pleased however the odd minority were not happy at all including Macy and Darren. Macy had sent out several aggressive tweets and attempted to trend hashtags to appeal to angry directioners but I'm proud to say very very few took the bate and the rest showed their anger for her very clearly. She learned the hard way. Our fans are not ones to mess with. Darren texted Courtney a few times asking her to consider changing her mind and saying she wasn't choosing right but Courtney dismissed him and told him to stay away. It was a tricky situation but after the days passed it became old news and thankfully the talk of it died down. We were back in the UK for the tour and it worked out quite well...

"What day is it tomorrow?" I said getting into bed beside Courtney who was leant on the bed frame reading some book.

"Ummmmm I don't know... Why don't you tell me?" She smirked kissing my cheek and placing the book on the bed side cabinet.

"Well I don't know, that's why I asked you." I said rolling my eyes. "So, what day is it?"

"My birthday" Courtney said cringing slowly.

"Ah, so you do know! And what does that mean?" I said nudging her.

"I have no fucking clue." She chuckled.

"Perfect." I said smiling. "That's how it's supposed to be."

"Okaaaay then." She said with a concerned look on her face. "I'm going to bed now before you say something even more weird or worrying."

"Weird? Me? Nooooooo! Night princess, love you." I said putting my arm around her waist.

"Love you too Ni." She said gently resting her hand on top of mine.

The next morning...
I woke up early, it was still dark out so hardly no light escaped through the gap in the curtain. I got out of bed quickly knowing that if I didn't, I'd hesitate so much that Courtney would probably be up before me.

I went into the kitchen and took out some butter, flour, eggs and sugar. I turned on my phone researching a recipe for a chocolate cake.

"This should be fun." I said under my breath.

Once I had made the mixture I was pretty proud of myself, it tasted great already and it was perfectly lumpless!

I poured the mixture into a cake tin, before I ate it all, and put it into the oven. After twenty minutes it was done so I quickly decorated it, putting candles on it and then went in to wake my sleeping beauty.

Picking up the cake, I opened our bedroom door and started to sing softly.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear COURTNEY... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU." I looked up from the cake. Courtney stirred but only rolled over. She was such a deep sleeper.

I huffed, putting the cake down next to her and tried I new approach. I set her phone alarm for fifteen minutes and left the room with the cake. I then lit all the candles and as soon as I hear the alarm put on a party hat.

"What the- Oh- Niall?" I heard her say from behind the door.

"Out here." I shouted back trying not to laugh. After a couple of seconds she came out into the kitchen.

"What are you- oh my g-"

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
HAPPY BIIIIRTHDAY DEAR COURTNEY,
HAPPG BIRTHDAY TOOOOOO YOOOOOOU." I smiled brightly and pushed the cake under her nose.