Chapter 19-Not adding up

Nialls POV

I returned home that night feeling sad and humiliated. Why was something so amazing going so terribly wrong? I they believed that Courtney was the one however things weren't looking up.

"Niall, why?" Zayn came in with a look of disgust on his face. "What would you treat her like that?"

"You think I did this? You honestly believe that I'm in love with Julie!" I stood up shaking my head.

Zayn frowned. "Well what do you expect me to believe mate! That's what everyone is saying and you've not spoken a word in your defence, according to Sarah-"

"Zayn I promise you now, nothing happened between me and juli-"

"But the recor-"

"YEAH I DID SAY THAT, I KNOW BUT NON OF IT WAS REAL! I DID IT TO VE FREE OF JULIE!" I gritted my teeth together holding back tears. Zayn put his arm around me.

"Niall, your like a little brother to me. I hate seeing you like this, of course I believe ya. It's just Courtney doesn't but can you blame her? You need to find her, talk to her and prove to her that your love for her will never die, that you love for her is to last forever."

"You're right." I got up and put on my leather jacket. My feet pounded on the pavement. The cold air scratched my bare face. Just when I thought it couldn't have gotten nay worse rain started coming down like bullets. People in the street gasped as they saw me, some pulled out camera. I didn't care. My legs propelled me forwards as fast as possible. As soon as I reached Courtney's house my fist hit the door five times. Finally someone answered. It was Mrs McConnel.

"What're you doing here?" Mrs McConnels eyes were saddened she didn't look me in the eye when she spoke.

"I need to see Courtney. There has been a big misunderstanding."

"Well she erm she isn't here."

"Please!" I begged my eyes now filling with water. "Please! I know she's here!"

"You promised me."

"I know and I'm sorry just let me make it right."

Mrs McConnel nodded before ushering me in.m"oh thank you so much!" I ran upstairs falling on the third before bursting open into her bedroom. I saw no one but noticed the bathroom door was open. I swung round the door frame and stepped in. There I saw the lost fragile looking ugly sat on the toilet seat. she didn't flinch or blink but started directly at one spot. I then realised that she was staring at a razor. She looked at her wrist and back to the razor and repeated this again and again.

"Baby no, please no." I crouched down in front of her had took her arms firmly. "I'd rather you cut me, please don't do this. What you've heard is a lie-"

"A lie? Niall I heard the recording and it was defiantly you!" She looked up trying to control her crying.

"Sweet heart, I'm not going to lie to you. I said the things you heard but my intention was to get rid of Julie, she came over trying to get me back so I told her what she wanted to hear but also said we couldn't be together. I tired lying as a solution and it backfired. Look at me." My hand found it's way to her ice cold cheek. Her eyes connected with mine. "If I had proof I would show it to you but I don't. If you don't believe me that's fine, I understand why." I kissed her forehead before standing up leaving her where I found her. Once I go downstairs I called to her mother.

"Please keep and eye on her. I'm extremely worried. If you want to know ask her, everything I've told her is the truth." I backed out of the door before shutting it behind me. Even though I felt like shit I left feeling the slightest bit better... At least my princess new the truth, at least she could think things through properly.