Chapter9- tipi

Courtney's POV

A few days had past, it was now Thursday, but I still had t had the courage to tell Darren that I didn't want to be with him. Me and Niall had messaged all week, I kept sending him ideas and ways of how to tell him. Niall approved of all, he just wanted to get it over with. This was hard. It would have been a hole lot easier if Darren was an arse but he wasn't. Still, I kept trying new ideas.

To Nialler💞:

Ok so wht if I take him out but pre-warn him by saying we need to talk. Guys know that means something bad right? And then i will gently let him down by saying something like "I really like you, you're a really kind man it's just I don't think I'm ready for a relationship. It would mean a lot however, if we could remain friends. " how does that sound? xxxx

From Nialler💞:

Look, if it's this hard for u maybe u shouldn't break up with him or whatever! If you rlly wanted to b with me, it wouldn't b this hard xx

I felt a sinking feeling in my chest as I read the text, how could anybody think like that? Of course I wanted to be with Niall, it was just so hard to tell Darren. I knew I had to do it. This was a wake up call that i needed, if Niall was t harsh than nothing would happen.

To Nialler💞:

I'm sorry, of course I want to b with u and to prove it I'm gonna speak to him right now!

I turned off my phone, put on my coat and a beanie then I headed outside. I gave Darren a call telling him I was on my way to his. He seemed shocked but said 'ok'. My plan was to go for a walk with him and then let the news slip, gradually.

As I walked down the street I had to dodge several puddles, it had rained lightly the night before. The wind kept picking up and then calming down, what brilliant wether for a walk! Note the sarcasm. Once I arrived outside Darren's fairly big town house, I knocked 3 times on the door before he opened it.

"Hello! You look lovely!" His compliment made things harder.

"Thank you, you do also but I really need to talk to you. Get your jacket you'll need it!" I added the last bit on quickly, trying to lighten the mood.

"Got it!" We began to walk down the street just randomly pointing at certain shops. Then i remembered what I needed to do.

"Ok look, Darren you're an amazing guy, you're so kind, helpful, handsome but... God I don't know how to say this... I don't think I'm ready for a relationship. I need to focus on my studies right now so it's hard for me to do both. My mum agrees. Please don't be mad, I would love to stay friends with you as I said, you are pretty amazing." I looked up at him and he stopped dead in his tracks.

"Oh, hm, well I wasn't expecting this but that's ok. I understand studies are very important, i was studying not that long ago! It would be a pleasure to stay friends with you Courtney. Just let me do this..." Oh no what was he going to do. His hand lightly gripped he back of my neck and he leaned in. He kissed me on the lips and then pulled away. "Goodbye Courtney." With that he turned on his heel and left. I felt terrible but at the same time I felt great! He didn't seem to upset which was great and it didn't take ages for me to say which was a bonus! I texted Niall.

To Nialler💞:

Done xxxx

Seconds later I got an answer.

From Nialler💞:

Seriously! Omg I'm so happy for you! Well... Us xxx

The way Niall said 'us' sent shivers down my spine, in a good way. Me and him were going to be together. Finally. The only problem I could think of is that I had told Darren the reason I was breaking up with him is because I was t ready for a relationship. We'd have to keep this a secret. I felt my phone buzz so I picked it up, probably from Niall. No. Darren?