7: I could be Violent

Michelle 7

"Ben went nuts," Doug is talking a little too loudly to Adam. "Never seen him act that rough."

Dave ignores the two, as he puts the last of the supplies away. Most of the boys have disappeared already, with the exception of these three. Doug is doing putting away the supplies to purposefully antagonize me before, probably since I hit him. Not like he didn't deserve it though.

I didn't even come here to talk to any of them. I came for Gally, to talk about the shucking girl. As far as I am concerned, Doug's klunk can wait.

"Guess you didn't know the shank," I mutter it under my breath, but Dave's head swings around to look at me. Though he turns away, he shakes his head back and forth, disapprovingly.

"I knew him longer than you," Doug turns back to stare me down. "Wasn't like this before you showed up."

There is no use in acknowledging his comment.

"First the four of you show up," he begins, "then we finally think things are back to normal with that shuck-faced Greenie, and now there's that bloody girl all up here. Never seen nobody bleed."

I roll my eyes, since I definitely caused his nose to run red when I punched him in the face. If there were less people around, I do it now again. He honestly just gets on my nerves.

"Doug," Adam warns. He doesn't look at me.

That's right, talk him down. I am definitely not in the mood to be putting up with this klunk. Ben has brought me nothing but pain. He attacked me, tried to force Dawn, and now, he has escalated to attempted murder. I wish the Griever had gotten him this morning. Who gives a klunk about his suffering; the shot to the face didn't shucking kill him, so why should this?

"You did this," Doug ignores the warning, and I find myself moving closer.

"If I wanted you dead, you'd be shucking dead," I cross my arms over my chest, waiting as Doug comes in closer. Soon, our chests are pressed against one another, and I am staring up at the boy.

"You want to fight?" He asks.

I nod. Shuck yeah, I want to do this. Doug has been nothing but a pain since I got here. Making gross comments about me and now accusing me of shuck knows what. As long as I am a quiet and docile object I don't bother him, but as soon as I start talking he objects.

I'm not a paper doll, and I'll shucking prove it.

"Call it off," Dave is whispering over my shoulder. His hand finds a place on the small of my back. He isn't ordering me, he is politely suggesting it. "Not worth the banishment. Save it."

He's right, and I hate it. I don't want to listen to Dave. I don't deserve him and he doesn't deserve me.

"What are you waiting for?" Doug asks.

"If you're so shucking brave, hit her first." Dave addresses Doug, moving away and off me.

Doug stands still. What game is Dave playing at? Does he think I won't get banished if Doug technically starts the fight? Because Alby has never been quite so forgiving, as far as I can tell.

Instead of acting, Doug backs away. He joins Adam, who is glaring at him more than me. More frustrated with his behavior than mine. Who almost started that fight?